Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, my first experience with OutMotoring hasn't quite gone to plan:

• 29Jun16 Order placed (Remus Responder and NM Engineering Power Module)
  • 1Jul16 Received email advising that the Remus Responder was on backorder and stock would not be back in stock until 6Jul16
  • 8Jul16 Sent follow-up to OutMotoring querying status
  • 8Jul16 Received email advising the item "...is still on track." Eh??
  • 13Jul16 Received email advising the item has shipped and including the USPS shipping details. Finally!

Of course,I spent the next weekly refreshing my parcel tracking app ;)

Last Friday, the tracking app suddenly reported it has been delivered! Immediately contacted the company mail room (they know me well) and asked if I could pop down to collect it. They stated there had not been a delivery for me. Hmmm...

So, for the rest of Friday and the first two days of this week, I've been emailing both the mailroom (just in case it turns up out of the blue) and OutMotoring (to highlight the delivery issue and seek advice on next steps).

Unfortunately, the single response I've received from OutMotoring was "...The only info we can get is that it was delivered and here is the confirmation on the USPS website...". Yeah, thanks guys. That's what I told you.

So, earlier today I triggered a PayPal dispute in the hope that elicits a more fulsome response.

Anyone else here deal with this company? Have I just been unlucky or is this typical of how they roll? They have so much great stuff on their website I was really hoping they would shine in terms of customer service so I wouldn't think twice about future orders. I get that the USPS delivery issue isn't within their control

DJ

·
Registered
91 Posts
no issues with them

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, my first experience with OutMotoring hasn't quite gone to plan:
Update:

I have heard from OutMotoring. They are making enquiries with USPS.

It feels like I'm being asked to do all the legwork here with no recognition of the efforts I've already gone to to highlight the problem (five days ago) and locate the item.

Anyway, still a few working days left this week. Will see what happens. Fingers are crossed.

DJ

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've ordered several times from them with no problems. But, not being international shipping makes a big difference.
Thanks for the feedback. I'd head about OutMotoring from the WhiteRoofRadio podcast and the seem reputable enough to trust with a USD600+ order. (Not mega money in the overall scheme of things, but a significant discretionary purchase for me).

Yes, the international delivery is obviously a part of the problem here. But so too is OutMotoring's tardy, and seemingly selective responsiveness.

DJ

·
Registered
77 Posts
My experience is international tracking accuracy depends on the level of insurance taken out. I've had stuff sit for several days clearing customs but always arrives eventually. OutMotoring has been good with orders here in the US & hopefully will be true for Australia too!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I've had great service with Outmotoring, however I've had horrible service with shipments from overseas in the past 6 months or so. After finally learning my lesson and due to my impatient nature, if I must have it asap I have the seller use a faster than mail service at my expense.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My experience is international tracking accuracy depends on the level of insurance taken out. I've had stuff sit for several days clearing customs but always arrives eventually. OutMotoring has been good with orders here in the US & hopefully will be true for Australia too!
I wasn't given an insurance offering during the Out Motoring checkout process. Eeep!

For those who are curious, perhaps a future Aussie buying from Out Motoring, attached is a screen grab of the international tracking for this item.

DJ

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
....I've had horrible service with shipments from overseas in the past 6 months or so....
Here in Australia, we're basically conditioned to slow deliveries. ;)

That said..... it's a running joke that, nine times out of ten, we can get a parcel shipped and delivered from the USA faster than from a local supplier <500km away.

DJ

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE

The eagle has landed and the mysterious "delivery" (non-delivery) has been resolved!

• The package was handed over to Australia Post at 9.08am on 22Jul16 and recorded as "Delivered" by USPS.
  • The package was actually delivered by Australia Post to our secure mail room at 10.20am today (27Jul16).

Lesson well-learned for me and OutMotoring.com. Very hard to get a proof of delivery for a "delivered" item when it's still en-route.

Grrrrr

DJ

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
I hear you. The postal service is a joke here in Oz. It is cheaper and faster to receive a parcel from overseas than locally in Australia. If the exchange rate was better, i wouldnt even think about buying in Autralia.
I would love to support aussie companies but if when products are made here, sold overseas and you can buy the same product from overseas and import it back than buying it locally, something just inst right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts