Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is always a touchy subject as it is hit or miss. I completely understand that, overall, these plans are in favor of the dealer/MINI. However, when we take delivery of our car this week, we're going to purchase these plans. This thread is more to discuss price versus discussing value.

I've been shopping around dealerships to see what the lowest price I could get and here they are:

2016 4 Door Mini Cooper (non-s) [averaging 13-15k per year]

Extended Maintenance: $1495
Extended Motorer XXL (warranty): 6yr/100k - $2580, 7yr/100k - $3080

There are only 5 MINI dealerships in the Washington DC area and only one talked about the Extended Motorer Plan with me but with the Maintenance plan, this is definitely the lowest I've been offered and that I've seen around the forums.

Any other comments or suggestions on pricing?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You might want to look in to how many miles you plan to drive your MINI, and if you plan to keep the car for a long time (like me). Since I don't drive a ton of miles, and time for warranty coverage is probably more important than mileage, I went with the 7 Yr, 70k miles warranty. You might want to check that out if it fits better for your situation and price-wise.

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely keeping it til the wheels fall off. The main reason behind the maintenance is the convenience of just going to the dealer. The peace of mind definitely helps as my wife is kind of snake bitten when it comes to cars. She does drive 12-15k yearly and it will be our goto car when we travel together, especially if we get the extended motorer protection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.