Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have now sold my car privately so in a positon to finalise the spec of a new JCW and then pull get trigger.

Some forum members have already helped me I my alloy and tyre decision so I'm now looking for input in whether the extended storage option offers value for money.

I read elsewhere that what this includes may have changed from what the uk configuration currently suggests? I'm not interested in pockets on the rear of the seats or the little net at the passengers feet, so is the net and other shelf in he boot really worth the £120 asking price?

I will be spending lots of money on other options so would like to leave out anything I can really live without. It's a small car with a small boot, so does this option make the boot/trunk space more usable?

Since I'm not taking the CHILLI pack, this is one option that I'm currently planning to remove from my specification, but if people think highly of it I will seriously reconsider.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi all,

I have now sold my car privately so in a positon to finalise the spec of a new JCW and then pull get trigger.

Some forum members have already helped me I my alloy and tyre decision so I'm now looking for input in whether the extended storage option offers value for money.

I read elsewhere that what this includes may have changed from what the uk configuration currently suggests? I'm not interested in pockets on the rear of the seats or the little net at the passengers feet, so is the net and other shelf in he boot really worth the £120 asking price?

I will be spending lots of money on other options so would like to leave out anything I can really live without. It's a small car with a small boot, so does this option make the boot/trunk space more usable?

Since I'm not taking the CHILLI pack, this is one option that I'm currently planning to remove from my specification, but if people think highly of it I will seriously reconsider.

Thanks for any feedback.
Honestly, I make a lot of use of the boot variability. It managed to make moving my things back and forward from uni very easy by providing a flat surface. I also find it very helpful to be able to move the boot floor up and down really easily.

Ultimately, it's up to you. I'd say that if you're having second thoughts about it, then you'd probably find something more useful to spend £120 on. Since in my case in the UK, the storage option seemed to only give me the boot floor adjustability and a small net in the passenger footwell.

Like I said, it's all up to you and what you think you'll need.

·
Registered
200 Posts
the storage pack also gives you a power outlet in the trunk, as well as a second position that the rear seats can be in making them secure in a more vertical position giving you extra trunk space while still allowing passengers to sit in the rear. Personally I found myself appreciating that package more than I anticipated I would.

·
Registered
998 Posts
if cash it is tight i'd say it's useful but not absolutely necessary. if you don't get it, you get a car boot the same as any other car so you're not losing in effect

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the contributions from everyone. I've now purchased a demonstrator car which comes with the CHILI pack so I'll be getting the extended storage in the end, whether I wanted to pay for it or not! I did have my heart set on the Midnight black and white roof/mirror caps combination with lounge interior but couldn't pass up the saving on a two month old demonstrator. Still spent a lot of money but I couldn't pass up on the saving. Just hope I don't have any regrets.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for all the contributions from everyone. I've now purchased a demonstrator car which comes with the CHILI pack so I'll be getting the extended storage in the end, whether I wanted to pay for it or not! I did have my heart set on the Midnight black and white roof/mirror caps combination with lounge interior but couldn't pass up the saving on a two month old demonstrator. Still spent a lot of money but I couldn't pass up on the saving. Just hope I don't have any regrets.
life is too short for regrets. You are getting an awesome car. I demand pictures if you are out of it long enough to take some

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've now got my car and was expecting a cargo net in the boot. There are four lashing points (is that the right expression?) but no net has been included. Did I misunderstand what the extended storage package in the UK includes or has should I be asking the dealership about this? My car was a demonstrator so I'm wondering if it went astray. I will ask the dealer at the weekend but thought someone with the extended storage on a car bought recently might be able to tell me.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I've now got my car and was expecting a cargo net in the boot. There are four lashing points (is that the right expression?) but no net has been included. Did I misunderstand what the extended storage package in the UK includes or has should I be asking the dealership about this? My car was a demonstrator so I'm wondering if it went astray. I will ask the dealer at the weekend but thought someone with the extended storage on a car bought recently might be able to tell me.

Thanks in advance.
Personally, I believe all MINI's should come equipped with a cargo net. I bought one for my standard boot and I love having it in there [cost was less than $40 (US)]. Seems strange they wouldn't include a net in a car with the storage option.

John

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you check the configurator it mentions a floor net whether as part of extended storage option on its own or when included in Chilli pack.I would chase up dealer to confirm this.

I didn't get one with Chilli pack (June 15 reg) and contacted Mini UK who spoke to dealer and promised to follow it up!! As usual dealer and Mini didn't follow it up although I must admit I haven't been back at dealer yet.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My Cooper came with the net as part of the storage pack.
Mine came with a net too, but believe it or not it didn't fit the boot! Somehow I ended up with a BMW part rather than a Mini part (the BMW net doesn't have the hooks needed to attach properly to the Mini hooks). Quality of the net was very good though so I am looking forward to getting the proper part from my dealer in a few days...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts