Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the MINI world. When I picked up the car, the dealer said they could put a protective coating of something on the exterior and interior of the car (I have leatherette seats). He said it would protect the outside from scratches and on the inside the seats from stains etc.

The cost was going to be $1000 dollars, and he said it has to be re done twice a year (at a cost of $100 each time).

What is this called and is it worth getting it done? Are there other places that offer this kind of service.

My car is always parked in a garage. It is not parked under a tree, so protected from tree sap and bird poop etc.

Thoughts appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
waste of money as long as you are prepared to look after your car. You can of course buy similar products yourself for between £10 and £50 in the uk. Not sure what you have over there but really it isn't worth it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ditto Jeremy's comments - far too expensive. See also gap insurance which can be bought for far less.

Should also mention that there are plenty of really really helpful people on here that have already posted some seriously detailed descriptions of how to look after both interior and exterior finishes. How far you go with these is up to you, but I had fun doing a quick clean up of my brand new mini over the weekend which took about an hour and was worth it.

Have fun!

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
Totally agree sunster gap insurance is a rip off too!shop around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts