Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

So I have the Remus Cat back system, with non resonated front pipe, and a high flow panel filter on my car. Was wodnering if there is anything else I could do to up the acoustics coming from the engine? I don't want it obnoxiously loud, but would like it just a touch throatier than what it is especially at idle.

the car is the F56, with the B38 engine.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I removed the beer can muffler towards the engine installed a Magna Flow and got rid of the muffler in the rear all together and it sounds pretty nice. It is not overwhelming on the highway and when you hit the pedal it got the deeper sound.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About the only other thing you can do without spending a ton of money is install a cat-less DP. You need to keep in mind what you're working with. It's a nice motor, but still just a 3 banger.
I was thinking of the DP next. However, I want to wait till I'm back in the states so I can have it tuned properly for that install.

Thanks for the input! I do love the B38, as it seems to be a pretty solid motor. The squishy bits will be the next to go.

I removed the beer can muffler towards the engine installed a Magna Flow and got rid of the muffler in the rear all together and it sounds pretty nice. It is not overwhelming on the highway and when you hit the pedal it got the deeper sound.
Yeah that's what I did with the Remus system. The system overall was well worth the money and Remus USA hooked me up with my troubleshooting and problem solving.

The idle is light but raspy. The gutteral noise doesn't occur until after you push past 2.5k

Reactions: Evlkarl
1 - 4 of 4 Posts