Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Hopefully someone can help. I am still a BimmerCode and E-SYS novice!

I recently bought and fitted a headlight switch from eBay with the full Auto setting at 11 oclock (picture attached). It replaced the original 3 position switch.

I was hoping get the cornering lights working - but that has so far defeated me. I have tried loads of combinations in both BimmerCode and E-SYS.

Also, the auto lights work at the auto position, but, when I switch to the off position (there are occasions when I need them fully off) the lights still come on when it's dark?

Can anyone help to sort my cornering lights and also to change the lights so they are OFF when switched to off.

Finally the good news. I noticed recently my auto level headlights were moving slightly up and down when stationary. I was getting lots of flashes when driving from oncoming traffic. I removed the front and rear level sensors. The ball joints in the two plastic link rods were corroded and stiff. I cleaned them with a wire brush. Lubricated with WD40 to free off and then applied coppaslip grease before refitting. This seems have stopped the issue of the lights flicking up and down when driving (only do the up/down on start) and I haven't been flashed yet.

Good luck and thanks everyone. Mat

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Clubman Cooper
11 Posts
I have also retrofitted the same thing on my clubman a year ago as I wanted welcome light upon unlocking.

When you say cornering lights, do you mean the option 'LED headlights with cornering lights' or coding the fog lights to turn on when cornering?
If you never had the auto mode switch in the first place, you won't have the first option and I too have trouble doing the second option.

The 12 o'clock position on the switch is actually 'auto' so the closest to OFF would be only the position light at the 1 o'clock position.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have also retrofitted the same thing on my clubman a year ago as I wanted welcome light upon unlocking.

When you say cornering lights, do you mean the option 'LED headlights with cornering lights' or coding the fog lights to turn on when cornering?
If you never had the auto mode switch in the first place, you won't have the first option and I too have trouble doing the second option.

The 12 o'clock position on the switch is actually 'auto' so the closest to OFF would be only the position light at the 1 o'clock position.
Thanks Brian. Yes I am trying to get the bottom (or top) half of the fog lights to act as cornering lights. Reading through the forums, some have had success some haven't.
Thanks for the heads up on this and the switch positions. Frustrating but such is life.
Thanks. Mat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts