Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered our F55 S on Saturday. Walked into the dealer thinking we'll get it in either Deep Blue or Blazing Red, once we've seen the colours in person. We had settled on Blazing Red, but then sat next to a White Silver while going over the options, and changed our minds at the last minute >:D

Kept the options fairly basic:
- Sunroof
- LED headlights
- HK speakers
- Dynamic Damper Control
- Reverse camera

Wanted to get the JCW and that would've been within our budget, but the wife had her list of must-haves (auto, reverse camera, 5 door)... great car anyway, can't wait to get it. Apparently the wait is 12 weeks to New Zealand! :crying:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

·
Registered
248 Posts
I feel your pain. It's pretty long here too but not that long.

I'm waiting for my F55s to ship. Mine is electric blue, white roof w/ sunroof, black stripes. I'm also getting the damper, speakers, and reverse camera. I didn't opt for the LED and hope I won't regret that given what I've read on here after ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome alone :)

Sound a great MINI, I have to say the LEDs are excellent :)

I've never had LED lights on my cars and never complained about my old R50s halogen lights, and always got to test drive in the day so I've never even seen the LED lights to compare with anything. That said people
On here love them so it's too bad a retrofit upgrade isn't possible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats. If you have placed in the order last Saturday, you can still make changes to it. Just thought to remind you in case you are not aware >:D

Seriously speaking. It's a great package you have coming. LEDs are great; well worth the investment. In case you want to have little extra oomph, you can always fit the JCW tuning kit afterwards. :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I've never had LED lights on my cars and never complained about my old R50s halogen lights, and always got to test drive in the day so I've never even seen the LED lights to compare with anything. That said people
On here love them so it's too bad a retrofit upgrade isn't possible.

I've always had xenon light while my wife has halogen as no night driving but when I've driven hers at night and more so if wet I've looked on the dash to see if they are on, LEDs are as good if not slightly better than xenons..

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Boy we are so lucky here in Na we go to the Dealer find a car with the options/ color we like write a check and drive off or the Dealer can find a car that matches your option needs with in a couple of days thru a "Dealer Trade" 12 Weeks is a long time I have to agree with you on that one btw nices options and color.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, they were going to send the order to MINI HQ on Tuesday, since Monday was our Queen's Birthday holiday, and not a lot gets done during the weekend being New Zealand... :crying: I spent weeks playing with the MINI Configurator so not about to make further modifications, need to focus on work >:D

12 week wait does suck, but also gives us more time to put money towards the car, so it'll be mostly paid off by the time we get it :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.