Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
What fuel consumption do you have on your F55? In which driving mode and after how many km/miles?
On the last 100km stretch, my F55 (which has a little over 10.000km on the clock) takes 9L/100km (31 UK MPG) in Sport driving mode, 75% on highway with speeds between 140-200km/h (with some spikes of 220) and 25% extra-urban meaning 70-100km/h.

Is is good, is it too much?

·
Super Moderator
6,827 Posts
Is this a petrol Cooper or Cooper s.

·
Super Moderator
6,827 Posts
Sounds decent to me driven enthusiastically. Driven carefully bet you can get 40 mpg but why would you!enjoy the car! I have a Cooper. Driven like a saint to satisfy the fish 46-48 mpg mid mode. 44-45, sports mode from now on 38 last month not sure yet what it'll average out at but it's far more FUN!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, for the last tank I got 36mpg average (7.8 L/100km). I could be improved for sure but it's quite close to what my old car was "eating" up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Currently averaging 38mpg in my Cooper S. Worst I have got is 34mpg but that's when it was new, currently 3000 miles and the mpg is improving.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
38mpg is still better than my 36mpg and on some stretches I did drive like Miss Daisy :( The engine should already be burned-in, I have 11.000km on it (tbh, not all driven by me).

What fuel did you use?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Considering the speeds mentioned, I would consider your mileage excellent :)

My current cumulative mileage is 6.9l/100km, on mostly urban/sub-urban roads with cumulative average speed of 44km/h.

·
Registered
6 Posts
38mpg is still better than my 36mpg and on some stretches I did drive like Miss Daisy :( The engine should already be burned-in, I have 11.000km on it (tbh, not all driven by me).

What fuel did you use?
UK 95Ron

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any bio-ethanol in it? Here (in Germany) is almost impossible to find "pure" 95, it's usually mixed - either 5% or 10% bio

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Minibitninja - sounds about fair :) I'm averaging a bit lower on Mid/Sport combo... I use Green mainly in the city where the acceleration is useless most of the times.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just came back from vacation, a 1 500 km trip to the German Alps. The overall fuel consumption was quite good, around 7 L/100km (40 MPG), with driving mainly on autobahns and side roads. The autobahn driving was mixed, I drove like Ms. Daisy for 100km just to see how low can I get and I got a breath-taking 6.2 L/100; on the next 100km it was a bit higher so the overall 200km consumption was 6.4 L/100. The average speed for these two stretches was 120-130km with no unnecessary overtakes, I basically drove like a truck. Yes, it was slightly boring but very relaxing since I was on cruise control.

The main autobahn driving was sportier, with average speeds between 140-160kmh, sometimes even 180-200kmh. On the side roads I drove within the speed limit, and I did push the curves sometimes just to see how it handles; well, I have to say it handles beautifully but I had to refrain myself from doing too often if I didn't want to see my girlfriend's breakfast on the dashboard :) Overall, a superb driving experience!

PS: I didn't use Green that often, I used mainly Mid and Sport settings

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
What fuel consumption do you have on your F55? In which driving mode and after how many km/miles?
On the last 100km stretch, my F55 (which has a little over 10.000km on the clock) takes 9L/100km (31 UK MPG) in Sport driving mode, 75% on highway with speeds between 140-200km/h (with some spikes of 220) and 25% extra-urban meaning 70-100km/h.

Is is good, is it too much?
on average in the summer i get 5.9L per 100km and so far im getting 6.1L pre 100km in the winter, my daily round trip is about 100km mostly highway doing on average 120km. fill ups can last me 600kms:). my driving style is economical trying to save gas

1 - 20 of 21 Posts