Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I really don't care for the knob on my brand new F55 Manual (BRG w/ white roof/mirrors and have purchased a nice wooden one to install. I wonder if anyone has direct experience with this change. I watched a Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5nHrMQ6AhQ) on replacing shifter handles with interest. It is very well done but doesn’t explicitly address my vehicle.

1) I am under the impression that the shifter knob on my Mini simply pulls off, by lifting straight up, with some force - is this more or less true?

2) I also understand that it is not mechanically connected to the leather(-ish) skirt/boot thingy below and that removing and replacing a knob is a question of butting the two elements up against one another - is that right?

Thanks in advance for any experience anyone is willing to share.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've seen the knob and skirt assembly come off in one in a YouTube review, but I suppose it's still possible that the knob could come off separately too...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had no way to know that, just trying to help.

If it's your understanding that they come apart then why don't you go ahead and pull off your own knob? You said you weren't keen on it.

From the video I posted we both know that you could get a replacement for the whole lot if you f*** it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts