Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could suggest an exhaust upgrade for my 2018 (Facelift) 1.5 Cooper 2018.

My car came with a lot of JCW goodies (wheels/ steering wheel/ Recaro seats etc) and has an aero body kit. I would like to improve the sound of the exhaust and was wondering if there is a way of doing this without it costing an arm and a leg or invalidating the warranty.

Any suggestions / recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2019 Cooper Sport
100 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could suggest an exhaust upgrade for my 2018 (Facelift) 1.5 Cooper 2018.

My car came with a lot of JCW goodies (wheels/ steering wheel/ Recaro seats etc) and has an aero body kit. I would like to improve the sound of the exhaust and was wondering if there is a way of doing this without it costing an arm and a leg or invalidating the warranty.

Hi there,

I also have a 1.5t facelift cooper sport. Initially, I planned to add a resonator delete to improve the sound of the exhaust at a good price of £90. However, due to our cars being a facelift model there is a GPF filter, therefore, you cannot fit this otherwise an engine warning light will pop up. However, if you are looking to spend a lot more (£600 ish) the quicksilver system fits GPF models and I believe the Remus Axel back system does too.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper (non-S) F56 - 2019
38 Posts

@turnagainclive I have a Cooper 2018 LCI (facelift) 1.5 as you.
I posted some exhaust options on this thread. I am very inclined to go with the QuickSilver one.
Let me know what you thought about the options I shared.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It may not be the prettiest, but I installed a €72 exhaust valve with remote control from AliExpress. Just for laughs and if it breaks I’m planning to get a Cooper S exhaust with the rear JCW diffuser :D It is by far the best upgrade, puts a big smile on my face every time it does the pops and bangs from shifting gears. The sound is great and it’s not too loud with the central resonator in place. It’s hidden behind the bumper.

EDIT: I wouldn't get rid of the resonator, that makes the 3 cilinder sound like a tractor :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kings

·
Registered
2019 Cooper Sport
100 Posts
@turnagainclive I have a Cooper 2018 LCI (facelift) 1.5 as you.
I posted some exhaust options on this thread. I am very inclined to go with the QuickSilver one.
Let me know what you thought about the options I shared.
I am thinking of doing the same with quicksilver. However if there is someone that can do a res delete without messing with gpf. I am going to do that.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper (non-S) F56 - 2019
38 Posts
I am thinking of doing the same with quicksilver. However if there is someone that can do a res delete without messing with gpf. I am going to do that.
@Kings I am luck that my F56 does not have the GPF. Anyway, my plan is not to remove the resonator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts