Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I currently have an F56 Mini One that I'm in the middle of de-chroming.

So far I have done the headlight and tail light surrounds, as well as the front grille surround in Matte black using Plasti-Dip and I'm pleased with the look so far. But the chrome beltline looks really out of place and needs to be changed soon.

I have tried to find tutorials online showing how to remove this so I can wrap/spray it but have had no luck so far.
I did however come across a black replacement beltline kit but I would have no idea how to do this and I would really like to know how to fit it before purchasing.

So, does anyone know how to remove this so I can get round to spraying/wrapping/replacing it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll have to let us know how you get on. I've been uming about de-chroming bits on my thunder grey
Do it!!
I've de-chromed everything on mine except the belt line and door handles(which I will be doing shortly) and I would never go back.

I used matte black plati-dip on everything which actually works really well and breaks up the gloss black nicely.

It's a cheap and easy way to get it done so it's definitely worth trying if you're unsure about it as it is completely reversible!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Do it!!
I've de-chromed everything on mine except the belt line and door handles(which I will be doing shortly) and I would never go back.

I used matte black plati-dip on everything which actually works really well and breaks up the gloss black nicely.

It's a cheap and easy way to get it done so it's definitely worth trying if you're unsure about it as it is completely reversible!
Sounds very good but where are the pics !!!?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.