Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I currently have an F56 Mini One that I'm in the middle of de-chroming.

So far I have done the headlight and tail light surrounds, as well as the front grille surround in Matte black using Plasti-Dip and I'm pleased with the look so far. But the chrome beltline looks really out of place and needs to be changed soon.

I have tried to find tutorials online showing how to remove this so I can wrap/spray it but have had no luck so far.
I did however come across a black replacement beltline kit but I would have no idea how to do this and I would really like to know how to fit it before purchasing.

So, does anyone know how to remove this so I can get round to spraying/wrapping/replacing it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll have to let us know how you get on. I've been uming about de-chroming bits on my thunder grey
Do it!!
I've de-chromed everything on mine except the belt line and door handles(which I will be doing shortly) and I would never go back.

I used matte black plati-dip on everything which actually works really well and breaks up the gloss black nicely.

It's a cheap and easy way to get it done so it's definitely worth trying if you're unsure about it as it is completely reversible!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.