Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very easy to replace. I used a pry tool and there is 3 "clip" points on each side of the bezel, 1 on top and the bottom has 2 places that slip over a hook.
took all of 10 mins. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think I just saw you post this on the Facebook group? Anyways, I love, LOVE this. looks fantastic!
What else can you turn black out of interest?

·
Registered
79 Posts
These look awesome

I'm thinking CC'd front headlight surrounds, black rears, black out the front grille and beading under the windows then possibly CC the front bumper.

I've had a quote for wrapping most of those bits of chrome for £150 (CCing separate). Unfortunately the fuel filler cap will be more as it looks pretty much impossible to get off (apparently glued in place) and I'm not sure about wrapping the door handles if there's a light on the inside of them

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks great. Because you don't have the black top/mirrors it's not too blacked out, which is a trend now. When I bought my 2007 the trend was to carbon fiber everything. With the R53 it was to black and white checker everything. Personally I like some chrome.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for posting all the pics. I must say, I was skeptical at first but I'm liking the look. The black definitely makes the lights look smaller, which in my opinion is a good thing.

Those orange wheel covers are also a neat touch. With the black wheels your eyes are drawn to the orange caps. All in all a very smart looking mini.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi,
Just picked up a set of rear and front black light surrounds/rings from my local dealer.
Thanks ItchyPigCreations for the information on fitting the rear light bezels, appreciated.

Has anyone fitted the front headlight bezels yet?
Some fitting info and pictures would be appreciated, a bit wary of breaking the surrounds ..............

Best wishes.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks like the only left to do, is to paint the brake calipers violent orange.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi,
Black light surrounds fitted to front and back, only took 5 minutes for the rears but fronts took 30 minutes, very fiddly with 6 clips on each.

Thank you ItchyPigCreations for your helpful photos.

The wife's Deep Blue Cooper now looks mean and moody.

Chrome surrounds now on eBay to make up for the £196 layout for the black ones!

Anyone interested just check out the hyperlink -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131406059796?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Best wishes,
Steve

·
Registered
280 Posts
Paint the brake calipers violent orange.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
How much, I can buy enough vinyl wrap to do the front and rears for £20.

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
That looks good sirron was considering doing mine where did you get the paint from

·
Registered
280 Posts
That looks good sirron was considering doing mine where did you get the paint from
Your Order was placed with AutomotiveTouchup.com. Thank you very much for your order!
We typically take 3-5 business days to process, formulate, manufacture, and ship out your order during peak times. This is because your paint is CUSTOM-MIXED for you and your vehicle. Selecting a faster shipping method does not guarantee a quicker manufacturing process.
If you need to talk to someone in the meantime contact us Toll Free 1-888-710-5192.

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks really nice! Wonder how this would look on my Thunder Grey MSC!

Anyone know where we could find these in the UK?
If you are refering to the tail light trims, you can buy them from your local dealer, wrap or paint your existing ones.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts