Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wish I did!! Mine is held at the dealership - it's been there since last Monday :-( You guys know a lot more about cars than me! Any ideas what this could be, and now easy to fix???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evidently my dealership made a mistake by releasing my MCD to me. There is no recall, only a delay in release. In other words, if they release they will have to do a recall and they are trying to avoid that.

No time / date on repair / release just yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just heard from my dealer that there is a general delay with all F56, mainly cars with deviating roof/mirrors in black or white and with option 7KN among others... Mine was supposed to be built on wk13, went to wk16, up to wk25 and now back to wk16... Anyone else got info on this?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just heard from my dealer that there is a general delay with all F56, mainly cars with deviating roof/mirrors in black or white and with option 7KN among others... Mine was supposed to be built on wk13, went to wk16, up to wk25 and now back to wk16... Anyone else got info on this?
Didnt hear about it but we're likely to hear more about this soon, maybe even in a news release.

·
Registered
360 Posts
yes mine is delayed

I ordered mine at the end of November and it was supposed to be with the dealer this week. It hasn't been made yet and the dealership (UK) is saying mid-April at the moment. I don't know the reason for the delay but I'm told all Cooper S models in the dealership group have been delayed.

I did expect some issues as production ramps up but it is frustrating that Oxford is just down the road and the car is no where to be seen! :-(

My best guess as also mentioned above is issues with particular options. I knew that I shouldn't have ordered the water cannons.... :)

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Ours was ordered on the 11th Jan and was built last week. Didn't spec the water cannon though, but ours does have the flux capacitor and hover conversion....:D

·
Registered
208 Posts
MJCW - I'm interested that you mention a press release? I have to say I'm surprised at how little mention there's been about all these issues (other than a v small number of us griping about it on forums such as this!). I'd welcome a press release - at least it might explain a bit more.

In the meantime the wait continues! I half want to just stay away from the forums as it's a little depressing seeing everyone being so delighted with their new (non diesel!) coopers :-/ But on the other hand it seems the best way to hear updates - so I don't think you're getting rid of me just yet ;-)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've just had a call from my dealership I've ordered through.

He's confirmed there is a delay with the Cooper Ds because the production plant have recalled ALL their Ds they've made, to fix whatever fault it is they're not happy with. This has had a knock on effect on all the petrols too. He's also said that any order with roof & mirror caps in black with a different body colour also have a delay - he couldn't tell me why this was apparent - I'm assuming it's a stock issue on the roof & mirror caps.

My original delivery/collection was going to be mid-end of April, they're now telling me end of May - beginning of June!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Cooper D was due at the dealers last week, i was told on Friday it was delayed until next week and this morning told it's on hold until June/July.

I was told weeks ago it was built and awaiting transport so this must be a serious safety issue as the dealer has also been instructed to take the Diesel demo off the road.

Not sure about an acoustic issue, but this does ring alarm bells with me :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've just had a call from my dealership I've ordered through.

He's confirmed there is a delay with the Cooper Ds because the production plant have recalled ALL their Ds they've made, to fix whatever fault it is they're not happy with. This has had a knock on effect on all the petrols too. He's also said that any order with roof & mirror caps in black with a different body colour also have a delay - he couldn't tell me why this was apparent - I'm assuming it's a stock issue on the roof & mirror caps.

My original delivery/collection was going to be mid-end of April, they're now telling me end of May - beginning of June!
So my dealer gave me the right info, but he said that white roof/mirror cap cars will be delayed as well, and some extras such as 7KN(no idea which one this is)...

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Not sure I want to pick up my MCs this afternoon now. Hope I am not going to be plagued by frequent trips to the dealer for fixes. Been that road before and its not good.:(

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the updates guys. So did you get the impression that they've all been sent back to the factory? I wonder if mine is still at the dealership or if they've had to return it?

Odd that it's impacting petrols too - although perhaps that's just a knock on effect of them diverting resource to fixing the Cooper D's, thereby slowing down production of petrols?

And also odd about the black roof/mirrors causing delays - have they run out of black paint haha??!

Reactions: n11koy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the updates guys. So did you get the impression that they've all been sent back to the factory? I wonder if mine is still at the dealership or if they've had to return it?

Odd that it's impacting petrols too - although perhaps that's just a knock on effect of them diverting resource to fixing the Cooper D's, thereby slowing down production of petrols?

And also odd about the black roof/mirrors causing delays - have they run out of black paint haha??!
My dealer said something about the fault on the D's flagging a potential fault or something with the petrol - I'm not entirely sure.

He was stressing that the roof/mirror caps were the main reason for my delay - you would have thought the fact that they don't offer body colour roof & mirrors for all the colours they offer that they'd have plenty of stock/black paint!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.