Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After driving the R56s for two years its time to trade in and go for the F56 Cooper. I have just purchased my first house so wanted to keep costs down :)

Here is some pictures of the spec;







Here the Current S;











Excited and nervous but the R56 will be traded in looking stock.
Look forward to being part of the forum... I'm an active member on TM/MT/SNM

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Welcome to the forum , I am a little jealous because I would love a Cooper Petrol .

You mentioned you were keeping costs down but the picture has Media XL and full leather and presumably some other toys , so I have to ask what would you have ordered if you were feeling flush eh!!!!

:)
:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum , I am a little jealous because I would love a Cooper Petrol .

You mentioned you were keeping costs down but the picture has Media XL and full leather and presumably some other toys , so I have to ask what would you have ordered if you were feeling flush eh!!!!

:)
:)
I would have waited for the S JCW and added everything.... The cooper only has £6k of extras ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Is that it?

:D

I went a little bit more nuts but did get a healthy discount >:D
Are you able to share a broad-brush figure for discount? I am talking £££ with the dealer on Tuesday and wondered what was feasible with a new car apparently in short supply. I won't be pushing exceptionally hard as they have offered a good price on part-exchange.

I'd rather drive a MINI than a Hard Bargain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Are you able to share a broad-brush figure for discount? I am talking £££ with the dealer on Tuesday and wondered what was feasible with a new car apparently in short supply. I won't be pushing exceptionally hard as they have offered a good price on part-exchange.

I'd rather drive a MINI than a Hard Bargain.
I got 8% Iznik. I sold my Audi A5 privately and that allowed me to do what I wanted.

In any case two other dealerships were prepared to do 6% from scratch so I guess that should be at least the benchmark.

All the rest of the talk is just dealership talk. I don't know where you are or how far you would be prepared to come - I can give you a list of names if you want to make some other phone calls, however if you just want to make your deal and be done with it then that's fine too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Thanks both. That's useful - I just wanted to have an idea if 5% say was doable compared to 2%, and how hard-nosed I could be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Our dealer offered me 6% to start the discussion - when I told him, that I need his help to rationalize further the emotional decision about buiyng new Mini as third car to the family, he improved it to 8% off and than offered 12% if the car will be first registered under the dealership as demo and still with zero km delivered right away to us - and as the Mini financing costs were ridiculous (Unicredit is financing it for them here) so we agreed on extra 1% for full cash payment on delivery - so got total of 13% off - not bad for such great brand new car.....

Seems dealers are getting bigger support for demo units so they can pass portion of it to us - good luck in your negotiations!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
15% is possible and you can get a contribution to your finance deposit (£400), if you are already a BMW or Mini finance customer.

The problem some people will have is that if your dealer has sold all of their build slots, there is little incentive for them to sacrifice margin...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
for a new car like this its kind of tough. not very many available. if you bargain they might just tell you to walk so they can sell it to someone else
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
for a new car like this its kind of tough. not very many available. if you bargain they might just tell you to walk so they can sell it to someone else
It's tough but not impossible. You have to order prior to their bonus being finalised. Normally end of month or the quarter. They may not make any money on your car but they will from hitting their target!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ETA July 14th.


The factory is 100% closed for two weeks to add the option to spray the roof with the car!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top