Mini Cooper Forum banner

F56 Cooper S Celtic ECU remap views

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  marcobz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Having just bought a turbo charged go kart :) (F56 Cooper S), I thought I might invest for the first time in an ECU remap.

I’m looking at a Stage 2 remap from Celtic, apparently taking Power from 189 to 284bhp and torque from 206 to 293lb/ft. (This seems a little ambitious considering it's a software update, no hardware?)

Now I’m not keen on blowing pistons through things they really shouldn’t go through, or leaving exchaust baffles down the road. The car will remain entirely stock on the outside, although I miss the wider wheels on the supercharged 2005 cooper S we used to have years ago.

Does anyone have any experience of Celtic? If so, how long since you had the remap done? Any issues? Is your engine still purring or is it running out of metal?

Are the numbers realistic with stock hardware? And lastly, does the remap affect anything else? (Like the mode switching Green > Mid > Sport)

All experiences, good and bad, appreciated!

thanks

Rob

See less See more
#2 ·
I've just had a stage 1 remap on my Works 210 and got 276bhp - 291lb/ft.
The car has the Pro exhaust and a K+N panel filter otherwise stock

For stage 2 you should have upgraded hardware to cope - intercooler, cooler plugs, filter, exhaust
If you're just wanting a remap on a stock car then stage 1 is all that's needed which is designed for a stock car, exhaust. filter, intercooler, plugs will give better figures on stage 1 but aren't required

I believe Celtic are a generic map so figures will differ from car to car - better to get a custom map done on a rolling road

#3 ·
I had my remap done by Celtic Tuning if that's who you mean? They done a good job. I had a Milltek non-resonated exhaust and K&N filter fitted prior to the stage 1 remap and the first rolling road test showed 201bhp, 241lb-ft, after the remap the test showed 265bhp, 299lb-ft torque. The car felt so much more responsive. A few months later fitted a Helix performance clutch and single mass fly wheel, as the standard clutch struggled with the torque. Actually just about to remove the run flat tyres and fit Michelin Pilot Sport 4's which should also help improve traction, especially in the wet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.