Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been searching and searching and researching and I can't find a definitive answer...if I want to change my manual transmission fluid, what fluid should I use? I have seen that I should stick with OEM weight (75w-90) GL-4 but go with Redline brand. I've seen people say Redline MTL. Others have said to stick with the OEM BMW Lifetime fluid, which appears to be about 40 bucks a quart. And the guy who makes Dimple magnetic drain plugs, the guy who I would think knows best what kind of fluid would keep the metal shavings off his plugs, tells me that he goes with Amsoil Severe Gear oil. What do you think? I can't even find if my transmission is still the Getrag six speed found in previous year's models. Any help AT ALL would be much, much appreciated.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like Amsoil products. They performed well in my Subaru and I'd recommend them.

They are $$$$ however

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I'll stick with that then. The dimple guy Richard said that would be his choice too. What weight should I run in the 2015 Cooper S hatch 6 speed? Do you know if the tranny is the the Getrag or is it something else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.