Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated the EVO Maps on my F56 XL SatNav from 2016-02 to 2018-01 yesterday.

I found the maps online for free, and to my surprise I didn't need an FSC code to update them. Zero cost upgrade!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very interesting! Apart from the data, does the update also change the design of the maps? Would also appreciate a link, if at all possible. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I found the link to the torrent file at the link below and downloaded it. They are the Europe Maps.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1475899

I used the transmission app to download the files. I then formatted a USB drive as exFAT and copied the contents to it. I plugged it into my F56, it recognised the update and asked if I wanted to update. 40 mins later it was done.

According to the forum, the EVO maps don't need an FSC code, unlike the other maps that BMW use.

No design changes, just updated maps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I found the link to the torrent file at the link below and downloaded it. They are the Europe Maps.

I used the transmission app to download the files. I then formatted a USB drive as exFAT and copied the contents to it. I plugged it into my F56, it recognised the update and asked if I wanted to update. 40 mins later it was done.

According to the forum, the EVO maps don't need an FSC code, unlike the other maps that BMW use.

When you say you copied the contents to your exFAT usb stick. How did you extract the files to the usb stick? Did you extract the contents of the NAVD_ folder to the root of the usb stick? Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts

That's brilliant, thank you for posting that! I've done mine today and it worked a treat (mine were 2017-2 anyway, as it's a July 2017 build) :D

When you say you copied the contents to your exFAT usb stick. How did you extract the files to the usb stick? Did you extract the contents of the NAVD_ folder to the root of the usb stick? Thanks
Yeah that's right, just extract the contents (using Winzip or something similar) of the NAVD_ folder to the root of the USB drive and then plug it into the USB in your car. After a few seconds it'll pop up a message on the screen to say it's detected an update and would you like to update. Mine took about 45 mins to complete :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's brilliant, thank you for posting that! I've done mine today and it worked a treat (mine were 2017-2 anyway, as it's a July 2017 build) :D

Yeah that's right, just extract the contents (using Winzip or something similar) of the NAVD_ folder to the root of the USB drive and then plug it into the USB in your car. After a few seconds it'll pop up a message on the screen to say it's detected an update and would you like to update. Mine took about 45 mins to complete :)
I got half way through the backup on the way to work today. So I'm guessing it will finish off by the time I get home. Thanks again

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spot on. Glad its working for everyone. The 2018-2 EVO Europe map update should be out soon. If anyone finds a download, please post it here :)

·
Registered
206 Posts

I’ve downloaded this onto my exFAT formatted ext hard drive but when I plug it into the MINI nothing happens. I’m not the most overly techy person... what is the root of the USB drive? I’m on a MacBook and all I can see when I plug in the ext hard drive is the folder NAVD... with the sat nav file in it.
Is anyone more techy than me able to help?
TIA

·
Registered
139 Posts
I’ve downloaded this onto my exFAT formatted ext hard drive but when I plug it into the MINI nothing happens. I’m not the most overly techy person... what is the root of the USB drive? I’m on a MacBook and all I can see when I plug in the ext hard drive is the folder NAVD... with the sat nav file in it.
Is anyone more techy than me able to help?
TIA
You might need it on a USB stick rather than a external hard drive, sometimes they won't read correctly as they're not a flash drive. The root of the drive is just the main folder, where sub-folders/files sit, so basically just copy the contents of the NAVD folder (but not the NAVD folder itself) across onto the drive, so you should have 1 folder and 4 files on there then (see attached) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
You might need it on a USB stick rather than a external hard drive, sometimes they won't read correctly as they're not a flash drive. The root of the drive is just the main folder, where sub-folders/files sit, so basically just copy the contents of the NAVD folder (but not the NAVD folder itself) across onto the drive, so you should have 1 folder and 4 files on there then (see attached) :)

Oohhhh, fank yaw! I was getting a bit frustrated, but I’ll find a usb stick that’s big enough for the file and try that!

Mucho thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hmmm, strange. I’ve got exactly the same files on my flash drive with it formatted to exFAT but nothings coming up when I connect it via the usb socket in the car?

1 - 20 of 203 Posts