Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. So I'm looking into an exhaust, and the JCW exhaust is def out of the question as I am not a fan. Armytrix as far as I know is also HELLA expensive. So I've been looking at more affordable ones namely Remus, Milltek, and probably Invidia (recently saw it at outmotoring.com). the question is, is it actually worth it getting the full catback exhaust? I've been trying to find out the diameters of the midpipe they use, and I MIGHT BE WRONG, but it only seems to be .25 inches bigger.

is it worth? or should i just look into axlebacks? If it matters i dont plan on getting a downpipe. the plan is only the exhaust, tune, and probably CAI. i still dont know if CAI is good even during the ACTUAL cold canadian winters, not the one toronto has been experiencing.

sorry for a lengthy one. Thanks!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi all. So I'm looking into an exhaust, and the JCW exhaust is def out of the question as I am not a fan. Armytrix as far as I know is also HELLA expensive. So I've been looking at more affordable ones namely Remus, Milltek, and probably Invidia (recently saw it at outmotoring.com). the question is, is it actually worth it getting the full catback exhaust? I've been trying to find out the diameters of the midpipe they use, and I MIGHT BE WRONG, but it only seems to be .25 inches bigger.

is it worth? or should i just look into axlebacks? If it matters i dont plan on getting a downpipe. the plan is only the exhaust, tune, and probably CAI. i still dont know if CAI is good even during the ACTUAL cold canadian winters, not the one toronto has been experiencing.

sorry for a lengthy one. Thanks!
I have the F56 B38. I went with the Remus system with the race mid pipe, non resonated, and it sounds pretty darn good (I love the sound)! The only reason decide between the cat-back and the axle back would be the amount of work you want to undertake. They sent me everything I needed with the Remus system and it was as easy as drop off and bolt on. The B38 exhaust is not multi piece, so it will require you to cut your piping (just keep that in mind).

The AFE highflow panel filter is a really nice option for the price tag ($70 vs $300)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Axle back would require a little more work as in cutting the OEM mid pipe and mounting the muffler. I too have a remus race exhaust installed, but on a B48 f56 , cannot be happier and the install is quite easy. Would not recommend a downpipe unless you're upgrading the turbo, the install is a PITA , and adds small bhp.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.