Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. So I'm looking into an exhaust, and the JCW exhaust is def out of the question as I am not a fan. Armytrix as far as I know is also HELLA expensive. So I've been looking at more affordable ones namely Remus, Milltek, and probably Invidia (recently saw it at outmotoring.com). the question is, is it actually worth it getting the full catback exhaust? I've been trying to find out the diameters of the midpipe they use, and I MIGHT BE WRONG, but it only seems to be .25 inches bigger.

is it worth? or should i just look into axlebacks? If it matters i dont plan on getting a downpipe. the plan is only the exhaust, tune, and probably CAI. i still dont know if CAI is good even during the ACTUAL cold canadian winters, not the one toronto has been experiencing.

sorry for a lengthy one. Thanks!:)

· Super Moderator
8,904 Posts
Not sure re the jcw exhaust but a quarter inch dia difference may well make a big difference if you get my drift!
Likewise after market exhausts may also be lighter have less restrictive gas flow and of course MAY last forever if made of stainless steel or titanium. To that end i would be tempted to wait for an akrapovich-not listed yet on the website but if titanium will be a huge weight saving and have performance gains too!
I had a miltek exhaust on my r32-it sound absolutely wonderful -not sure re perfmormance gains as it had been chipped and had a filter too-obviously going this route would def get you significant perf gains-you pay you money etc etc!
I don't mod my cars really but when the exhaust rusts out it will be stainless-can't afford titanium!

· Registered
9 Posts
i just installed the JCW pro exhaust... really happy with the end result. valves closed it sounds just like my stock JCW and valves open it sounds its nice and loud with all the right pops and bangs.

if you have a cooper S and dont want something too loud, i can always sell you my stock JCW exhaust for cheap which is louder than the stock exhaust on the S. i am guessing replacing the stock resonator would make it even louder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.