Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My glove box used to slowly go down and the light inside of the glove box has always worked. I noticed when I opened the glove box today that it just drops down without any resistance and the light does not work. Is there anything that I can do to get it working again, does anyone know about the inner workings of the glove box and can it be fixed?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
1,061 Posts
Just undo the screws and take it out to have a look at the mechanism on the side it's probably come adrift. From memory there are three screws along the top and two at the bottom under little covers. They should be a T20 or T25.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I read somewhere that the side plastic cover which has the airbag switch has to come off too. If it doesn’t I’ll give it a go, I don’t trust myself enough if I have to mess about with the airbag switch though.

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
1,061 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I read somewhere that the side plastic cover which has the airbag switch has to come off too. If it doesn’t I’ll give it a go, I don’t trust myself enough if I have to mess about with the airbag switch though.
No that doesn't have to come off. I've had my glove box out a couple of times and I didn't take that off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the posts. The write up on the North American motoring seems quite involved, I might just stick with a bad glovebox. I was hoping it would just be a few screws and it would pop out. Bit worried that I take it out and can't get it back in. Better to have a broken glove box than none at all :p

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
1,061 Posts
It is only a few screws, that thread makes it sound harder than it is.

Where are you? I’d happily do it for you for free. I’m not a pro but I have got a bit of experience taking the interior bits out and putting it back in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the offer, I'll order a T20 screwdriver and give it a go. If I get stuck I'll take some pics and post them on here, hopefully it will be straightforward 🤞Thanks again for the offer, I appreciate it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts