Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, I'm looking to change the grille surround, I see from the video that you can access the top clips, but is it easy enough to get to the lower ones holding the surround in place?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Started with replacing my Cooper grill for a S-grill version with this video. Unfortunately, the clips of the "cowling" were fixed with glue or lute. Also at the new S-grill, the clips were melted (it even says Cover 2K on the inside of the part). Because I wasn't able to remove the cowling, the space to reach the clips was very limited.

So I decided that it was much easier to remove the bumper.
I also removed the grill surround and bar for the occasion, because they are going to be wrapped.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Started with replacing my Cooper grill for a S-grill version with this video. Unfortunately, the clips of the "cowling" were fixed with glue or lute. Also at the new S-grill, the clips were melted (it even says Cover 2K on the inside of the part). Because I wasn't able to remove the cowling, the space to reach the clips was very limited.
So I decided that it was much easier to remove the bumper.
I also removed the grill surround and bar for the occasion, because they are going to be wrapped.
I had the same problem with the glue, and had given up. How easy is it to remove the front bumper? I'm paranoid I'll break a clip and have a forever wonky bumper :(

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Hoping to wrap the two metal bars that are attached in the middle at the top of the radiator chilli red using your grill removing method all going well. will look ace through the grill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, sorry to revive an old thread, but seemed more useful than a new one.

I've gotten almost all the way through my JCW bumper, but the JCW Pro Aerokit means I can't get underneath the front to get the final screws out of either side.

However, I wonder if the screws inside the faux air inlets (in the centre piece) on the front bumper are holding it in? I'm so close to getting behind the bumper, but I became so frustrated, I've started breaking plastic, so I stopped...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, sorry to revive an old thread, but seemed more useful than a new one.

I've gotten almost all the way through my JCW bumper, but the JCW Pro Aerokit means I can't get underneath the front to get the final screws out of either side. But it desn't actually seem secure there.

However, I wonder if the screws inside the faux air inlets (in the centre piece) on the front bumper are holding it in? I'm so close to getting behind the bumper, but I became so frustrated, I've started breaking plastic underneath the car, so I stopped...

Any ideas?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.