Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Loving the forum, used quite a bit of knowledge on here when speccing my new Cooper S. I went for the Automatic with Media XL, Harmon Kardon, Leather, Anthracite Interior, Reverse Parking Sensors and Chilli.

Took delivery last week! :D

Couldn't be happier and still finding things out about it. Just realised that along with putting the mini driving mode into Sport, when the auto shifter is pushed to the left it puts the gearbox in a sport mode for a longer rev range, seems to shift up quicker and shifts down to lower gears on deceleration. I just assumed the M/S was the Manual Sequential mode. I've not tried launch mode yet and as with British weather its not stopped raining since delivery.

I'm now considering the JCW remap and straight through exhaust.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks lush that! Again one of my fav colours (my last mini was white silver) but went for a change this time :)
Thanks, it was a choice between Black, Thunder Grey or the White Silver. I think we chose well. This is a pic in the showroom during collection.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
The sport gearbox mode is quite clever too as well as the longer revs etc.

When you're coming to a point where you want a lower gear, give the throttle a bit of a "jab" (not too much, probably just an inch or so) and it will change down a gear :) i've stopped using the paddles now as I can pretty much get it to do what I want just with my foot :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sport gearbox mode is quite clever too as well as the longer revs etc.

When you're coming to a point where you want a lower gear, give the throttle a bit of a "jab" (not too much, probably just an inch or so) and it will change down a gear :) i've stopped using the paddles now as I can pretty much get it to do what I want just with my foot :)
Good to know Thanks! If I place it in Sports Auto then use the paddle shifters, will it remain in Manual mode or should it switch back to Sports Auto after a time? Can you put it back into Sports Auto mode yourself?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Good to know Thanks! If I place it in Sports Auto then use the paddle shifters, will it remain in Manual mode or should it switch back to Sports Auto after a time? Can you put it back into Sports Auto mode yourself?
Once you start using the shift (either paddles or fwd/back on the stick) it will stay in this mode, you have to flick back to auto and then back into sports auto. Just a waggle of the stick basically ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Remember too that if you are feeling lazy and are in full auto just use the paddles to downshift if required. Will then return to auto mode after a short period.
Who says the auto box isn't as involving
time to start the arguments

I think the auto box is amazing. I certainly would never go back to a manual again. With the sport modes and sequential gear box I still feel as engaged in the drive.

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
Never wanted an auto but you lot are beginning to make me feel like having one. Sounds great. Funnily enough I totally agree with you all 're the colour too. It's a stunner. I generally hate 'silver' cars and in any other make really cannot imagine ever having one BUT mini white silver is simply stunning. Looks a great car. Well done you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.