Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I just recieved my F56 Cooper SD. It's amazing, but I am trying to work out if iphone mirroring is still possible like on the older Mini Connected systems.

I notice that the menu screen has moved around and the plugin option doesn't appear to be available anymore.

Could the actual latest Mini Connected iphone app have removed this ability? Is there another workaround?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hi All,
I just recieved my F56 Cooper SD. It's amazing, but I am trying to work out if iphone mirroring is still possible like on the older Mini Connected systems.

I notice that the menu screen has moved around and the plugin option doesn't appear to be available anymore.

Could the actual latest Mini Connected iphone app have removed this ability? Is there another workaround?

Thanks in advance!
From what I understand, the Plugin feature was removed from the headunit itself. There is no way to use it on the F5x cars.

It *is* a feature that Apple has nixed from the iPhones as of the 5, thanks to the change to the Lightning connector from the 30-pin plug, so it's not surprising to see MINI has cut it from the 3rd gen cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also bought an old iPhone 4s and snap-in adapter with that in mind, but subsequently figured out that the Visual Boost package without sat/nav doesn't have the capability to play video. Have you jailbroken your iPhone and installed the DisplayOut app? That may still work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, jailbroken but there doesn't seem to be an option to select the video input. I have tried with both the snap in and the official y cable.

I'm wondering if a composite source was sent through the 3.5mm jack into the Aux socket would it be displayed on the unit. I'm going to try the 4s with the Y Cable again but without plugging the USB in, this will prevent Mini Connected detecting it as an iPhone but if it accepts an analog video source from the cable, hopefully it will display.

I aon also interested on trying the Kivic One. It has a 3.5mm composite out to 3.5mm jack.

Has anyone managed to get a Composite Source to be displayed via the 3.5mm Aux Socket on the F56?

If that doesn't work, I can only assume that the Aux socket on the mini no longer accepts video.

I have managed to get video to play from a USB external hard drive, but even that can be flaky (could be the hard drive, gonna try a flash drive with the same files just in case).

·
Registered
1 Posts
bebeboouk, this is a really interesting topic.

did you finally have succeeded sending video through the 3.5mm jack into the Aux socket?

Any news about Kivic One? Seems to be an interesting option. I am also following Navdy startup, it should fit nicely mini f56...

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
bebeboouk, this is a really interesting topic.

did you finally have succeeded sending video through the 3.5mm jack into the Aux socket?

Any news about Kivic One? Seems to be an interesting option. I am also following Navdy startup, it should fit nicely mini f56...

Thanks!
Hi sickboy,
Interesting you mentioning Navdy as I've pre-ordered one, I hoped to have it before I ordered my Mini Cooper around May/June so I could check it out before speccing the Mini HUD/ sat nav options but it seems Navdy won't ship till the end of September now.
Now I'll have to take a chance on it living up to the hype as I can't now justify the sat nav mini option.

Radriderx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts