Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that the tyre supplied with Challenge Edition is Cup2 18 inches, but does anyone know what is the width and profile please?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have read you get 2 sets of wheels with a Challenge car

Std JCW Track Spoke wheels with 205/45/17 normal tyres which are the wheels that come from the factory as a spare set for winter use perhaps.

Then there is the Team Dynamics Pro Race with 215/45/17 Michelin Cup track biased tyres

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Definitely 17''-better/ more predictable handling plus lighter tyre and wheel package according to evo magazine!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
TD wheels are lighter and most challenge race run them. I read they are 215/45's as well :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Has anyone seen the specifications on those wheels to fit over the JCW calipers?

Also, does anyone have experience with the Team Dynamics wheels on the street? If so, how does the finish hold up to daily use?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Has anyone seen the specifications on those wheels to fit over the JCW calipers?

Also, does anyone have experience with the Team Dynamics wheels on the street? If so, how does the finish hold up to daily use?
I think they are the 17x7.5 ET37 5x112 fitment

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
There is a Facebook group - MINI F56 JCW, 210 & Challenge Owners which may be able to give you more accurate info.

None of the JCWC cars have been delivered, they're currently about 4 months late, and and there is still no news of when they will actually be delivered.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I haven't seen where the Team Dynamics Pro wheels can be purchased, except on the Challenge! If so can someone provide a link?

As far as the Challenge is concerned I like it. The 17" TD wheels seem to fit the car well, especially because the car is lowered.

I'd still like to see a set of 18" wheels on one of these special edition cars however. My bet is eventually one of these JCW special edition cars will have larger wheels & tires.

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I haven't seen where the Team Dynamics Pro wheels can be purchased, except on the Challenge! If so can someone provide a link?

As far as the Challenge is concerned I like it. The 17" TD wheels seem to fit the car well, especially because the car is lowered.

I'd still like to see a set of 18" wheels on one of these special edition cars however. My bet is eventually one of these JCW special edition cars will have larger wheels & tires.
OutMotoring has the Team Dynamics Pro wheels in 17"x7. Outmotoring confirms the 17x7, 45mm offset will fit over the JCW/Brembo Big Brake Kit. Contact Aaron at Outmotoring he might be able to get 18" from the Canadian distributor if you want a larger wheel.

·
Registered
615 Posts
OutMotoring has the Team Dynamics Pro wheels in 17"x7. Outmotoring confirms the 17x7, 45mm offset will fit over the JCW/Brembo Big Brake Kit. Contact Aaron at Outmotoring he might be able to get 18" from the Canadian distributor if you want a larger wheel.
TD 1.2 17x7 ET45 will not clear JCW Brembo unless you put a spacer on

17x7.5 ET37 or 18x8 ET45 have been tested to fit over the Brembo brakes with the TD 1.2

·
Registered
763 Posts
TD 1.2 17x7 ET45 will not clear JCW Brembo unless you put a spacer on

17x7.5 ET37 or 18x8 ET45 have been tested to fit over the Brembo brakes with the TD 1.2
Thanks for that. I'm only going by what Outmotoring is reporting on their site. Very possible they forgot to mention that on the product page, people do make mistakes but Outmotoring usually isn't one to misrepresent.
Always best to call and confirm before placing an order.

·
Registered
615 Posts
17x7 ET45 will have 13mm less brake clearance to the other 2 wheels which have paper thin clearance to just clear the brakes!

I suspect they have the wrong info and I guess if they say it will fit and doesn't, you should have some cover to get refund or they will be responsible to correct it plus the costs incurred to change tyres

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks for that. I'm only going by what Outmotoring is reporting on their site. Very possible they forgot to mention that on the product page, people do make mistakes but Outmotoring usually isn't one to misrepresent.
Always best to call and confirm before placing an order.
I just looked deeper into the link you posted at OutMotoring and it's for 4x100 fitment and not 5x112 F56 fitment so probably the previous generation R56 Mini that will fit with that size :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can confirm that the 17x17 ET45 doesn't fit without a spacer. Here's how it looks with ~9mm of back spacing though.

They look awesome, but no go in that size/offset without spacers. I went with 12mm spacers for mine, 10mm (or maybe 8mm if you like living dangerously) would probably do too.

--Matt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts