Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have been reading posts on here for a few months, i have had my F56 JCW for about 2 months now, its name is CHOMPER, referring to the T-rex dinosaur in the land before time :D

No pics on here yet, but it looks like every black, red roof one out there except i have the custom antenna(unscrewed and put in the glove box)

I live on the Gold Coast and am hoping to get involved with some events around the general area, so it would be great to meet others and have some fun.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all, i have been reading posts on here for a few months, i have had my F56 JCW for about 2 months now, its name is CHOMPER, referring to the T-rex dinosaur in the land before time :D

No pics on here yet, but it looks like every black, red roof one out there except i have the custom antenna(unscrewed and put in the glove box)

I live on the Gold Coast and am hoping to get involved with some events around the general area, so it would be great to meet others and have some fun.
Welcome, I've only had my JCW for a couple of weeks myself. Can you post a pic of the custom aerial. I've been thinking about getting one of those for my mini. I'll probably get tired of the remote control car look that I currently have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, I've only had my JCW for a couple of weeks myself. Can you post a pic of the custom aerial. I've been thinking about getting one of those for my mini. I'll probably get tired of the remote control car look that I currently have.
All i did was remove the stock antenna and covered the hole with some black tape, i still get good reception. I will buy a gromet screw thing soon that can cover the thread from the weather and still look flush.

Other minis have just the fin antenna now, i think the JCW has the longest :(
I have heard that overseas markets JCW may have just the fin, but i am not interested in spending too much on it.

Are you wearing in your engine or just letting loose already?

·
Registered
100 Posts
All i did was remove the stock antenna and covered the hole with some black tape, i still get good reception. I will buy a gromet screw thing soon that can cover the thread from the weather and still look flush.

Other minis have just the fin antenna now, i think the JCW has the longest :(
I have heard that overseas markets JCW may have just the fin, but i am not interested in spending too much on it.

Are you wearing in your engine or just letting loose already?
I haven't gone nuts yet. Pretty hard to around town without attracting a fine. I have had a few moments of insanity where I have put the foot to the floor. So much fun!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I love he stock antenna on my JCW! LOL! We all like different things.....the engineer in me reveals the true design of the stock antenna....its reinforced for high speed & sometime when your rear hatch is open take a look at how the antenna tucks perfectly inside the rear spoiler design! That is no accident...;-). Plus, the F56 antenna is much much shorter than previous Gen MINI's! If you want shorter just go with the stubby antenna. Mine is staying stock....its a MINI thing for me! Ha!

Cheers,

John

Reactions: Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Some BMWs have a second antenna under the rear bumper cover for diversity reception. Don't know if this is done on any MINIs but if so the signal loss without the main antenna is minimum. I like the factory antenna but aesthetics aside Paul's good reception is interesting.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
G'Day Paul
Welcome to the land of Mini. I'm from the south west of Brisbane and happy owner since January. Looking forward to your pics and if you decide to do any other mods.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts