Mini Cooper Forum banner

F56 JCW hatch - 19 inch wheels top speed problems

4K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  Lybra 
#1 ·
Hi guys, pls get back if one has experienced same problems or has any experience with this ...

Case: based on AC Schnizer config, I've just installed 19/7.5 Dotz Interlagos wheels , ET front 39, back 44, with 215/35/19 Hankook S3 tires.

With 18" originals I was able to reach top speed above 245 in 6th gear, but with the new combo I'm able to top at 230 in 5th, while in 6th car is only keeping achieved speed ( or tops at 225 if toping in 6th).
Swapped back to 18 and top speed is back...
Taking in to the account new combo dimensions, shown speed should be only 5-6km/h lower ( still above 240) .

What worries me the most ( can't find an explanation) is lack of pulling power in 6th.

Any experience or technical explanation is wellcomme 😉 thx, d

#8 · (Edited)
I didn't see where you wrote speedo anywhere in your previous posts:

Hi guys, pls get back if one has experienced same problems or has any experience with this ...

Case: based on AC Schnizer config, I've just installed 19/7.5 Dotz Interlagos wheels , ET front 39, back 44, with 215/35/19 Hankook S3 tires.

With 18" originals I was able to reach top speed above 245 in 6th gear, but with the new combo I'm able to top at 230 in 5th, while in 6th car is only keeping achieved speed ( or tops at 225 if toping in 6th).
Swapped back to 18 and top speed is back...
Taking in to the account new combo dimensions, shown speed should be only 5-6km/h lower ( still above 240) .

What worries me the most ( can't find an explanation) is lack of pulling power in 6th.

Any experience or technical explanation is wellcomme 😉 thx, d
..shown speed could easily be speed shown on GPS.

So thanks for clarifying!

It would be useful to know your original tyre specs, for comparison calculations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.