Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have tried everything but is just does not seem to work turned off stuff that stops it working on my Beemer and in neutral, switch on, aircon off but still it does not work, I used to hate on the beemer know so used to it, only thing I have not tried but the GREEN mode is that where it needs to be to work, as not been there yet:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I have tried everything but is just does not seem to work turned off stuff that stops it working on my Beemer and in neutral, switch on, aircon off but still it does not work, I used to hate on the beemer know so used to it, only thing I have not tried but the GREEN mode is that where it needs to be to work, as not been there yet:D
Have you released the clutch? If on the silver switches its not lit orange then its on and you just need to be in neutral with foot off clutch. If this doesn't work, speak to the dealer as something is up. Oh and if the engine is cold it sometimes will keep the engine running.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks will try again yes switch not lit and I may have had foot still on clutch or we do loads of short runs when engine may not be up to full ops temp, will try again tonight if the wife lets me lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine will go into start/stop if I've already done the following:

*Foot off clutch, foot on brake
*gear in neutral
*engine at least a tiny bit warmed up with no A/C, or mostly warmed up with A/C on but already at cabin temp

If the A/C has to really work, then the engine will come back on. I've also noticed that after I exit an Interstate off-ramp and wait at the intersection, the stop/start will show me the "cancelled" symbol on the steering column display until I travel to the next intersection.

The Stop/start appears to work in both Sport and Mid mode, I haven't tried Green mode yet but I wouldn't' expect much different behavior.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine will go into start/stop if I've already done the following:

*Foot off clutch, foot on brake
*gear in neutral
*engine at least a tiny bit warmed up with no A/C, or mostly warmed up with A/C on but already at cabin temp

If the A/C has to really work, then the engine will come back on. I've also noticed that after I exit an Interstate off-ramp and wait at the intersection, the stop/start will show me the "cancelled" symbol on the steering column display until I travel to the next intersection.

The Stop/start appears to work in both Sport and Mid mode, I haven't tried Green mode yet but I wouldn't' expect much different behavior.

That's it know thanks so used to my sport auto in our BMW so its working fine know and restarts on depressing the clutch again ready to select gear thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm guessing any F56 is too young to have a weak battery. Both my R56s eventually stopped stop/starting for that reason and the current one eventually got a new battery under warranty.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'd turn that feature off! ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
The car will also start if you try to turn the steering wheel or if the car starts moving fast enough by itself (releasing the brake pedal in a downhill might be an example of this case) even if you haven't press the clutch pedal

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car will also start if you try to turn the steering wheel or if the car starts moving fast enough by itself (releasing the brake pedal in a downhill might be an example of this case) even if you haven't press the clutch pedal
On the BMW you can stop it from stoping the engine by the wheel being turned slightly or brake pressed lightly so this must be similar , it's just good to know how everything is supposed to work on our car:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts