Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have owned my 2015 Mini JCW for about 3 months and I wanted to upgrade to the JCW Pro Exhaust... I contacted my nearest MINI Dealer for a quote on the above... The below are the actual words from the "Parts Supervisor"

Carbon Tips: At the Retail price the ‘Carbon Tip’ Exhaust system is £2350 Supplied, Fitted and inclusive of VAT, The best deal we can do would be £2,150 (Saving £200 in total)

Chrome Tips: The Chrome tip exhaust system is slightly cheaper at a retail price of £2,170 and we would be able to supply and fit the system for a total of £1,987 (Saving approx. £180 in total)

My (£31,000) F56 JCW is on the standard Mini Select finance with a £7000 deposit, Plus a £750 deposit contribution, as we purchased a Brand New MINI (Cooper) last year

What was your quoted price?
Has anyone else felt the need to pay this premium price for the Kit?
Was it worth the price?

Thanks for taking your time with my post...

·
Registered
170 Posts
The pro exhaust is definitely worth it, I have it on my challenge 210 and love it, for those prices I would shop around a bit though as I'm sure other mini dealers are cheaper than that, also could look at the scorpion or Remus exhaust systems, there just as good I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all.

I have owned my 2015 Mini JCW for about 3 months and I wanted to upgrade to the JCW Pro Exhaust... I contacted my nearest MINI Dealer for a quote on the above... The below are the actual words from the "Parts Supervisor"

Carbon Tips: At the Retail price the ‘Carbon Tip’ Exhaust system is £2350 Supplied, Fitted and inclusive of VAT, The best deal we can do would be £2,150 (Saving £200 in total)

Chrome Tips: The Chrome tip exhaust system is slightly cheaper at a retail price of £2,170 and we would be able to supply and fit the system for a total of £1,987 (Saving approx. £180 in total)

My (£31,000) F56 JCW is on the standard Mini Select finance with a £7000 deposit, Plus a £750 deposit contribution, as we purchased a Brand New MINI (Cooper) last year

What was your quoted price?

Has anyone else felt the need to pay this premium price for the Kit?

Was it worth the price?

Thanks for taking your time with my post...

When the JCW Pro Exhaust kit was first launched it was aimed at the MCS and included an engine remap. Hence the ridiculous price.

For a while it was possible for JCW owners to haggle a substantial discount as the engine remap is not required. (£1,600)

Unfortunately by the time I had the system installed on our JCW (December 2015), 'Mini BMW' aftermarket released the exhaust under a different part number without the engine remap but kept the price the same.

After negotiations I ended up paying £ 1,820.00 for chrome tip version inclusive of fitting.

Expensive, but worth it just for the grin factor!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sadly, neither the JCW Pro exhaust kit nor the Remus valvetronic exhaust kit will be approved for the Japan market (neither pass the noise regulation test)...

·
Registered
457 Posts
:) Don't want to rub it in but it makes my Chrome Pro Exhaust look more and more of a bargain at £1320 fitted:) Was well worth hassling Mini UK in the end;)

It's bad enough still asking the same price under the new JCW part No,but to ask near £2000 is downright robbery.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are they worth it compared to standard it seems so much money ?

Good question, but answer is a bit subjective. It all comes down to how much you value the unavoidable grin every time you nail the go pedal (and when lift off again!)

Personally, I think it expensive but well worth it!

Just clocked up 1,200miles, so now the fun really begins.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good question, but answer is a bit subjective. It all comes down to how much you value the unavoidable grin every time you nail the go pedal (and when lift off again!)

Personally, I think it expensive but well worth it!

Just clocked up 1,200miles, so now the fun really begins.

Ok I'm nearly 43 yr old should I be having some dignity it does sound epic and I have never heard of a exhaust that is only allowed on track so surely it must be for a reason ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok I'm nearly 43 yr old should I be having some dignity it does sound epic and I have never heard of a exhaust that is only allowed on track so surely it must be for a reason ?

That's the beauty of it my friend. It's a switchable system.

Use normal mode when around town and no one is any the wiser. Sounds just like the stock exhaust.

Open the valve to track mode when blasting down country lanes, where there's nobody to offend. It's your little secret pleasure.

Bought the car as a daily driver for my wife. I nick it when I can for a quick blast! There is no way I would off purchased a system that can't be switch ed on/off, especially as I'm now 44 yr old.

Hoping to join a few road trips this year. Alpine Passes, Black Forest & Modena for the Ferrari / Lamborghini factory tours. Will come in handy during the tunnel runs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That's the beauty of it my friend. It's a switchable system.

Use normal mode when around town and no one is any the wiser. Sounds just like the stock exhaust.

Open the valve to track mode when blasting down country lanes, where there's nobody to offend. It's your little secret pleasure.

Bought the car as a daily driver for my wife. I nick it when I can for a quick blast! There is no way I would off purchased a system that can't be switch ed on/off, especially as I'm now 44 yr old.

Hoping to join a few road trips this year. Alpine Passes, Black Forest & Modena for the Ferrari / Lamborghini factory tours. Will come in handy during the tunnel runs.

Cheers for that and it settled in getting one I will get chrome tips I can't justify the carbon to myself

·
Registered
114 Posts
Give Rybrook mini a phone call, they quoted me £1400 fitted for the jcw pro exhaust with chrome tips.
They even gave me a jcw paceman to drive round in for the day.
If your not local (which I wasn't) There is a Zoo a few minutes from the garage so I just spent the day there until it was fitted lol.
Rybrook mini is also a member on here so could even give them a pm to guarantee the low price before ringing up to book.

Nick

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not 100% sure but I reckon the Pro Exhaust is worth around 7bhp on the JCW when open in sport mode (on the track only of course;) )

I've been debating about booking a dyno session in the next few months now that I have a few miles on it. Interested to see the results with the Racechip as well.
Remember too that some of the cost can be offset by selling original exhaust to an MCS owner as a reasonably priced upgrade. New Part No for JCW- JCW Pro Exhaust is now 1830 2407 322

You are never too old to have a bit of fun!!!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Not 100% sure but I reckon the Pro Exhaust is worth around 7bhp on the JCW when open in sport mode (on the track only of course;) )

I've been debating about booking a dyno session in the next few months now that I have a few miles on it. Interested to see the results with the Racechip as well.
Remember too that some of the cost can be offset by selling original exhaust to an MCS owner as a reasonably priced upgrade. New Part No for JCW- JCW Pro Exhaust is now 1830 2407 322

You are never too old to have a bit of fun!!!
Thanks for the information. I will definitely pursue it. It is pricey, but I had not considered the sale of the current system which is in excellent shape of course. Are you going to have it tested on the dyno with the racechip or without it as well? I would like to see the numbers. I have considered an electronic boost as well although I plan to wait until we decide if we are going to do the minis take the states tour or not.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.