Mini Cooper Forum banner

341 - 360 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Guys,

I know I'm already on here with my white silver JCW but that got stolen, while my Dad was unloading my car on the drive way.
Long story short, was riding home from central London, my normal 20km commute and someone stepped into the dedicated cycle highway resulting in me hitting them at 25mph, police deemed it the pedestrians fault. 5 hours in the hospital with two fractures in my shoulder blade, Dad got me home in my car with the bike in the back. While unloading,he returned to the house, luckily with the bike and bag however with the keys in the drinks holders, keyless remember. Some opportunist scumbag walked by, jumped in a drove the car down the road with the boot wide open. :0. Me, drugged up from the hospital couldn't deal with the hurt, but managed call the police to get them over to make a statement. 4 hours they looked for the car but closed the case, not great but it was enough for my insurance to pay out.

So enough of the doom and gloom. Last weekend Saturday the 5th of August I ordered my new JCW from my favorite dealer, Barons in Kentish town. (had 4 cars from them so far. Loved my old R56 WC 50).

Spencer my dealer, I phoned him before visiting to lock a slot in and we got a great one. Goes into build on the 25th of August so should have it the 2nd week of September. Rapid if you ask me.

Got a great deal to as a loyal customer.

Spec:
2017 JCW in Melting Silver
Chili pack
Media pack
Folding mirrors
Reversing camera
colour line Glowing read to match the red on the JCW seats
Mini Connect
Rear PDC

Now the add ons:
Pro Aero kit minus the silly rear wing add ons. So the front flicks and the whole rear diffuser in standard black.
Paired with the Pro Exhaust with the chrome tips as I don't have any carbon elsewhere. Pop Pop Bang Bang!

So from a crap time with the broken bones and stolen car there is a ray of melt silver sunshine coming soon.

Thanks for reading guys. Will upload pictures once it is here and prepped by Blimey Detailing. It's having a full ceramic coating from Gtechniq.

Kenzie

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi Kenzie,
Sorry to hear about your cycling injuries and stolen MINI, that is a BAD day by anyone's reckoning.
I cycle frequently and fear a crash at every turn whilst out and about ....

Hopefully you should have healed in time to enjoy your new MINI
:)

Hi Guys,

I know I'm already on here with my white silver JCW but that got stolen, while my Dad was unloading my car on the drive way.
Long story short, was riding home from central London, my normal 20km commute and someone stepped into the dedicated cycle highway resulting in me hitting them at 25mph, police deemed it the pedestrians fault. 5 hours in the hospital with two fractures in my shoulder blade, Dad got me home in my car with the bike in the back. While unloading,he returned to the house, luckily with the bike and bag however with the keys in the drinks holders, keyless remember. Some opportunist scumbag walked by, jumped in a drove the car down the road with the boot wide open. :0. Me, drugged up from the hospital couldn't deal with the hurt, but managed call the police to get them over to make a statement. 4 hours they looked for the car but closed the case, not great but it was enough for my insurance to pay out.

So enough of the doom and gloom. Last weekend Saturday the 5th of August I ordered my new JCW from my favorite dealer, Barons in Kentish town. (had 4 cars from them so far. Loved my old R56 WC 50).

Spencer my dealer, I phoned him before visiting to lock a slot in and we got a great one. Goes into build on the 25th of August so should have it the 2nd week of September. Rapid if you ask me.

Got a great deal to as a loyal customer.

Spec:
2017 JCW in Melting Silver
Chili pack
Media pack
Folding mirrors
Reversing camera
colour line Glowing read to match the red on the JCW seats
Mini Connect
Rear PDC

Now the add ons:
Pro Aero kit minus the silly rear wing add ons. So the front flicks and the whole rear diffuser in standard black.
Paired with the Pro Exhaust with the chrome tips as I don't have any carbon elsewhere. Pop Pop Bang Bang!

So from a crap time with the broken bones and stolen car there is a ray of melt silver sunshine coming soon.

Thanks for reading guys. Will upload pictures once it is here and prepped by Blimey Detailing. It's having a full ceramic coating from Gtechniq.

Kenzie

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Kenzie,
Sorry to hear about your cycling injuries and stolen MINI, that is a BAD day by anyone's reckoning.
I cycle frequently and fear a crash at every turn whilst out and about ....

Hopefully you should have healed in time to enjoy your new MINI
:)
Thanks a lot Steve. You can say that again, bad day for sure.
I ride a lot too and race and I tell you riding in central London, it's scary how many people just step in front of bikes.

Anyway it doesn't matter now as I will be all healed by then so I can change gear with my left :). I'm more excited about this one more than the last one.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That is indeed a crap day.Hope you make a full recovery. Just out of interest. I'm surprised your insurance paid out with the keys still in an unlocked car. Reason I'm interested, is I often get out of my car to close the garage door. I often wonder what would happen if a scumbag made off with it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is indeed a crap day.Hope you make a full recovery. Just out of interest. I'm surprised your insurance paid out with the keys still in an unlocked car. Reason I'm interested, is I often get out of my car to close the garage door. I often wonder what would happen if a scumbag made off with it.
Thanks Coupe,Exactly we've all done it. I was very open with the facts and clearly stated in the police report and to my insurance, had no issues with it, as it's still thief. Even the case handler said that. I was panicking too. The police clearly stated I gave no consent to anyone other than my farther to drive the car. Just covered all the bases.

Lesson is though turn the car off every time you leave it, and lock it. Even in your case just popping to close the garage.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks Coupe,Exactly we've all done it. I was very open with the facts and clearly stated in the police report and to my insurance, had no issues with it, as it's still thief. Even the case handler said that. I was panicking too. The police clearly stated I gave no consent to anyone other than my farther to drive the car. Just covered all the bases.

Lesson is though turn the car off every time you leave it, and lock it. Even in your case just popping to close the garage.
That's great to hear Mate. I'm genuinely pleased. I wonder how many insurance companies would try to wriggle out of paying. Worth mentioning who you're insured with IMO

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello!!!
Im a new member here and i have ordered a total black JCW... The dealer said, he is going to deliver it in a month (hope so). I also order some accessories and told him to put them on the delivery. The front/back black trim lights, the front JCW Pro spoilers, the back JCW Pro Diffuser, the JCW rear spoiler. And im planning to install the JCW Pro exhaust and a future AC Schnitzer performance upgrade. As you all know the waiting time until the delivery its a bit difficult :))

·
Registered
5 Posts
March 2018 JCW hatch in thunder grey with chilli red roof and mirrors. 18" 2 tone wheels, pro exhaust. Love it.
I wonder if many more will be registered now they're not being made??

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK so I haven't posted on here in a while, 3 years ago I ordered a Cooper S in volcanic orange with the JCW body kit/Wheels etc etc. can be seen in this thread http://www.minif56.com/forum/761-mini-f56-pictures/32914-f56-mini-pictures-4.html

Anyway 3 years on and i'm now waiting for my new car!!, so I got in there 'just' before the JCW cutoff date (the day before to be exact) and everything was going fine until they told me I couldn't get the Recaro seats as there was a problem and they were only fitting lounge seats!!!.
I promptly said NO! forget it then! so the salesman disappeared and returned 10 mins later and said they would try and put the order through but if it came back as unavailable it wouldn't be built to what I wanted so I said fine because I wouldn't want it anyway.
So a few days passed and confirmation came through on the seats and it would be going into production, today I received a call that my car has left the plant and I should have it in about a week or so.

So my first JCW is on it's way!!!

Pepper White
Roof and Mirror caps in Chili Red
Cup spoke alloys
Harman Kardon (can't live without it after having it 3 years)
JCW bonnet stripes
PDC front and rear
Reverse assist camera
Navigation Plus Pack
Chili Pack
Darkened Rear Glass
Colour Line - Glowing Red
Heated windscreen

and all the bits that come as standard :)

I've attached one of the pics from the mini configurator, Can't even access that anymore for the JCW because of the production halt.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
New forum user here who just ordered his first new car two days ago: F56 JCW :D

Specs:
Starlight blue body, roof, mirrors
Black 17" track spoke wheels
Sport auto trans w/paddle shifters
Touchscreen nav
HK stereo upgrade
Fiber alloy dash/interior surface
Dinamica & black carbon leather JCW seats
Glowing red color line
Sunroof delete
Black headlight & tail light surrounds

Once the break-in period is over I have a few mods planned >:D

The next 5-8 weeks cannot go fast enough!

·
Registered
27 Posts
My F56 JCW was delivered on Monday this week.

2016 Black/Red roof and caps.

I could have ordered a basic new LCI model for almost the same deposit/monthlies but I liked the colour/graphics and spec. on the used model and I've ordered the Pro Exhaust (which you can't do with the new ones) and for me it's an absolute must have.

It's my 3rd JCW (having had 2 R56's).

Not sure of exact spec as they seem to change what's included in the packs every year. Using the VIN I can see ..

Spec:
It's Black with the red roof/caps
Chili pack (well I have the seats, climate, etc.)
Visibility pack (no idea what this gives me - LED's with extended content?)
Connected XL
Mini Excitement pack
Front armrest
Heated seats
Sun protection glass

I'd have liked the Harmon Kardon but the basic system actually seems decent, and I'll be listening to the Pro Exhaust mostly. I assumed it had rear PDC but it has nothing at all :D and I need to check if it has a heated screen (I think so but I'm not at home, and Barney is :()

Generally give me three pedals, a gearstick and a tuneful noise and I'm happy - the rest I can live without.

Planned upgrades are the Pro Exhaust (Friday), black/carbon wrapped light rings (back and front), red rear graphics and a Stage One map. I may fit winters to the Cup Spokes and get some new alloys next year as I'm 50/50 on whether I like them or not

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I took delivery of my 2019 F56 JCW 15 days ago. Here’s a rundown of what options and mods I have already done and what I have planned.

Options
- 2019 F56 JCW
- Color is White Silver
- Red Roof and Mirror Caps
- Iconic Trim
- 6 Speed Auto
- JCW Sport Seats (Dinamica/Leather: Carbon Black)
- JCW Bonnet Stipes
- “18 JCW Wheels
- Alarm
- Glow Red Interior Trim
- Piano Black Illuminated Dash
- All Trim In Black Except Beltline

Mods Installed:
- Carbon Fiber & Leather Steering Wheel
- AC Schnitzer Cat-Back Exhaust
- AC Schnitzer Chin Spoiler
- Black Running Lights
- NM “18 RSE 11 Wheels
- Michelin Pilot SS 225/35ZR-18
- NM RS Alpha Springs
- Blacked Out Beltline
- iSweep Complete Underbrace Kit
- NM 25mm Rear Sway Bar
- NM Rear Sway Bar End Links
- Catless Down Pipe
- JB4 Power Module

Mods Waiting to Go On:

- Accuair eLevel Air Ride w/ CVT Endo Tank
- Black Union Jack Mirror Caps

My Thoughts about the JCW is I really like it! Pretty much ticks every box for me!

341 - 360 of 373 Posts