Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well had a couple of test drives over the weekend as we are thinking about getting another mini and was struggling on colour etc well got some cracking pics for you all when out on TD hope you enjoy

Chilli red had lots of the JCW pro gear on

I loved this combo looked stunning as well but needs Black bonnet strips with red edge IMHO enjoy

Hope you enjoyed i took loads more and also some video of test drive i have still to load up

Comments welcome on the pics and thoughts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
2 very nice Colors IMHO but as I said it before them Wheels look too funky for my Taste but that would be an easy fix. Thx for the Pics. If you can not decide buy 2 that should resolve the Problem.;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes good idea just get two, yes wheels what can i say i would have had open spokes to see those Brembo's but i like keeping things all factory so compromise needs taken, i just don't like the 17"" and having had a good drive on harsh road surface on the 18" with RFT with AD would love a set of nice open spoked 19" if im honest

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Yes good idea just get two, yes wheels what can i say i would have had open spokes to see those Brembo's but i like keeping things all factory so compromise needs taken, i just don't like the 17"" and having had a good drive on harsh road surface on the 18" with RFT with AD would love a set of nice open spoked 19" if im honest
The wheel choices on the JCW are "very limited" IMO. I had spec'd the 17" silver track spoke wheels until I saw them in real life photos (not computer simulated pics)....just don't care for them all that much. Maybe they look better in person. So, I changed my order to the 18" cup spoke wheels....0.5" wider wheel too which makes the option of installing 225mm wide tires more feasible when the stock run flats are done!

Personally, I think a classic multi-spoke silver wheel, similar to a classic panasport, minilite, or some of the current multi-spoke wheels available on non-JCW F56 models would be better. But, I'm betting the problem for designers was designing wheels around the large Brembo calipers!

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Did you take any interior pics?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wheel choices on the JCW are "very limited" IMO. I had spec'd the 17" silver track spoke wheels until I saw them in real life photos (not computer simulated pics)....just don't care for them all that much. Maybe they look better in person. So, I changed my order to the 18" cup spoke wheels....0.5" wider wheel too which makes the option of installing 225mm wide tires more feasible when the stock run flats are done!

Personally, I think a classic multi-spoke silver wheel, similar to a classic panasport, minilite, or some of the current multi-spoke wheels available on non-JCW F56 models would be better. But, I'm betting the problem for designers was designing wheels around the large Brembo calipers!
Yes the curve on wheels is large to allow for calipers and if you pick up a stone you are going to wreck the caliper exterior as not ever a finger width gap and kerbs for some will be an issue i bet.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nice pics Derek.

I notice your location says NE Scotland, are you nearer Dundee or is there another reason you didn't go to JC Aberdeen?

I was up there at lunchtime, they've got a black jcw with red roof. Can't put my finger on it, but I wasn't blown away - didn't see inside or have a test drive mind. :D If anything I preferred the 210 in the showroom, with the little sold sticker on it :crying:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike i really like the 210 but just does not make sense to me on cost , but the black masks a lot of the detail and place a Cooper S alongside same colour you will see what i mean , but i like the black but next door got R56 JCW that colour, so need to look at other options.
The blowing away happens in the driving seat it is just so much fun on a spirited run on B Road just so good little to no torque steer and just so planted at the rear , many might think to planted i would disagree, it inspires confidence and seems to have fantastic poise and grip

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thing is that in normal mode on JCW with BT system it just sounded a bit louder than the cooper S we drove, and with it on all the time would just be to much IMHO , the balance on the standard JCW is bang in middle IMHO , it also seems it's possible to just order the BT box though, if it was a few hundred I might be tempted but I'm not that hocked I would pay anymore, well not yet lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts