Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reports in the UK motoring press today that the F56 is to undergo another LCI update in an effort to maintain sales.

Haven't seen any details and the only pic I've seen is a grainy one apparently taken in Holland which seems to show a some frontal style elements not unlike the LCI F60.

No word yet as to whether they're bringing back VO paint, analogue instruments, 5 years tlc and the pre-flag roundel-type rear lights. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well no change at all really. Just a new bumper. Gotta get people to trade ‘up’ somehow I guess since they’ve delayed gen 4. Wonder if they even bothered working on the sound...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yes, 2022 at least for the G series car. It’s too long.

They need to do something with the paint options. If I had to buy a new MINI today, I would struggle. They are all too dreary.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I guess the tough decision for many car manufacturers is how much to keep investing in ICE products when Governments keep moving the goalposts on banning the sale of such cars. The date was set for 2040 but could now be 2032. So if you change car every 5 years you might think the residual value of any ICE vehicle will be dropping heavily by 2027, guess it depends on the type of electric vehicles we will see in the next 5 - 10 years.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the spyshot is of the finished article, as opposed to to prototype, the front end does look odd - the car's expression reminds me of a fresian suddenly finding its accommodating a vets arm.

Those vertical inlets are strange too. Stylists will tell you that thin vertical lines like these give the impression of height. In fact MINI have said that this was the intention on the F60 LCI update, to add to that car's SUV credentials. What they are doing on a small hatch with low-slung sporting credentials (other than creating a "family look" corresponding with the updated F60) escapes me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts