Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else with an F56 LCI 2 leather steering wheel find that it gets pulls on the leather easily?

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
906 Posts
Have you got any photos? Mine has a slight manufacturing defect with the stitching but that's only on one part the rest is still perfect after 5k miles

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No, ill have to get one. it as though something has dragged across the leather (possibly a ring) and has left a mark in sort of dotted line on the leather & it feels slightly rough and is in a few places. Its a bit like when you drag your nail over a plastic bag, that type of mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone else with an F56 LCI 2 leather steering wheel find that it gets pulls on the leather easily?
Yes!
I've noticed this too - only had ours a few weeks and done about 500miles.
There is a small nick in the leather - maybe a nail or my wife's jewellery has caught it??
I'll post a pic later.
My worry is it will look a right mess after a year or so.

Is this something that should be flagged up to the dealer?

I far preferred the previous wheel with the red stitching - felt a lot nicer and better quality.

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
906 Posts
What's the defect on yours?

Are you getting it sorted?
It’s just some minor creasing. It’s not much but it’s a bit annoying as you feel it when you feed the wheel though your hands.

I’m thinking about getting it recovered in a different style rather than taking it back anyway.

·
Registered
850 Posts
It’s just some minor creasing. It’s not much but it’s a bit annoying as you feel it when you feed the wheel though your hands.

I’m thinking about getting it recovered in a different style rather than taking it back anyway.
Royalsteering wheels maybe?

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
906 Posts
Yeah it will be Royal but not alcantara as it won’t last very well. Ideally I’d like it a bit thinner but I’m not sure if that will affect it seeing as it’s heated.

This is a plan for down the line. I’m in no rush.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ive had my 2022 LCI2 F56 for almost 6 months now and havent had any issues with defects or "pulls" or creases. But I do want to get a Alcantara leather wrap for it with blue accents like the Royal wheels posted above. I dont know if they make them for the thicker LCI2 wheels yet.

·
Registered
850 Posts
How would one best clean and treat the original Nappa leather steering wheel? To keep it nice and protected for good.
Best is to use a decent leather cleaner, and then leather seal every few months. I use colourlock leather soap and then the sealant. Works brilliantly on seats too to prevent dye transfer.

This mini had it and looked like new 18 months on:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Ive had my 2022 LCI2 F56 for almost 6 months now and havent had any issues with defects or "pulls" or creases. But I do want to get a Alcantara leather wrap for it with blue accents like the Royal wheels posted above. I dont know if they make them for the thicker LCI2 wheels yet.
Why not just get royalsteeringwheels to recover yours?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Why not just get royalsteeringwheels to recover yours?
Because I live in the U.S. and my car is my daily driver, I cant have it not working for several weeks to allow for shipping back and forth and all that. I know they have an exchange but I doubt they have 2022 wheels available for exchange yet.

·
Registered
2020 JCW hatch
19 Posts
mine doesn't show any damage due to rings etc but it has wrinkled on the right hand side where your hand sits on the outside. My LCI wheel was fine but LCI 2 not fairing too well I'd say.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Because I live in the U.S. and my car is my daily driver, I cant have it not working for several weeks to allow for shipping back and forth and all that. I know they have an exchange but I doubt they have 2022 wheels available for exchange yet.
Fair enough, but worth messsaging and asking about costs/exchange. They do loads all the time and have done plenty LCI’s I would have thought but no idea

1 - 20 of 26 Posts