Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware that this question has been asked previously by myself and others over 12 months ago but still no one has managed to answer it, so here goes once again.

Its well documented that the LCI UJ rear tail lights can be fitted to the older pre LCI cars with little adaptation such as re coding etc - same connectors in most cases.

Is anyone aware if the LCI LED headlights can be fitted to the older pre LCI minis with older LED headlights with just re coding needed or are the connectors different?

I am hoping someone who works for BMW/Mini can give the correct and accurate answer?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
They connect and bolt up with no modifications. You just need to code the indicator/sidelight/DRL part to function properly on a pre-LCI car.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
What about the matrix version? Are they compatible with pre LCI?

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
They are if you retrofit the KAFAS camera in the windscreen, you'll have to do some pretty serious coding to get it all working though!

I already have the KAFAS camera in the windscreen. Auto headlights, adaptive cruise control, vehicle and pedestrian warning, speed limit etc etc are all features I have. Looks like it would just be coding then

·
Registered
22 Posts
I already have the KAFAS camera in the windscreen. Auto headlights, adaptive cruise control, vehicle and pedestrian warning, speed limit etc etc are all features I have. Looks like it would just be coding then
Even better, would need to know what you're doing or take it to a professional though, as you would have to run all the calibration for the camera etc.

I've got the matrix lights with selective beam on my LCI and they're amazing!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Even better, would need to know what you're doing or take it to a professional though, as you would have to run all the calibration for the camera etc.

I've got the matrix lights with selective beam on my LCI and they're amazing!

Oh don’t worry I wouldn’t try it myself perhaps a job for the future if I still have the car. Let LCI parts cost come down a bit

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been talking to the Mini dealership who supplied me with the rear UJ lights. My contact is excellent and his customer service has been second to none. I asked him about the LCI new headlights and if they fit and work with minimal effort to my pre LCI JCW with adaptive LED lights. He has asked the workshop to fit the LCI headlights on an older model and report back to me. I will know towards the end of this week and I will report back to you guys. I also asked him about the cost the headlights.

Prices are for the pair, so £1999.01 for a pair of cornering LED headlights and £1142.81 for the non-cornering LED headlights.

The only thing that is putting me off is the high price. But as time goes buy, I am sure the price will drop and used units will be available on eBay etc.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I have been talking to the Mini dealership who supplied me with the rear UJ lights. My contact is excellent and his customer service has been second to none. I asked him about the LCI new headlights and if they fit and work with minimal effort to my pre LCI JCW with adaptive LED lights. He has asked the workshop to fit the LCI headlights on an older model and report back to me. I will know towards the end of this week and I will report back to you guys. I also asked him about the cost the headlights.

Prices are for the pair, so £1999.01 for a pair of cornering LED headlights and £1142.81 for the non-cornering LED headlights.

The only thing that is putting me off is the high price. But as time goes buy, I am sure the price will drop and used units will be available on eBay etc.

Cheers

Brilliant. I look forward to hearing the result

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’d love to do it, but the price makes it totally unrealistic, unfortunately! For that sort of money, I’d be better off buying a newer car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts

Cheers
Any word back on this?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any word back on this?

Yes, apparently it can be retro fitted without any modification apart from coding. I have been speaking to a chap in Japan who has done this. I have attached his Instagram quote to confirm this. I am just waiting for either the new prices of the LCI headlights to drop (currently around £2k for the set!) or wait until a used set is available.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sweet...time to empty the wallet :(

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes, apparently it can be retro fitted without any modification apart from coding. I have been speaking to a chap in Japan who has done this. I have attached his Instagram quote to confirm this. I am just waiting for either the new prices of the LCI headlights to drop (currently around £2k for the set!) or wait until a used set is available.

You should ask for the exact coding procedure. Vo coding and/or fdl coding

1 - 20 of 188 Posts