Mini Cooper Forum banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 F54 BMW Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
280 Posts
Unfortunately for my friend @MrCooperAuto , a garage had already tried a windy gun on them and blown the captive nuts out of the pressed metal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
OK, So all of the parts i've ordered arrived. I want to start with the R3 (Icam module). What is needed regarding coding?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Fit R3 and the icam, add 3AG to the FA, you will probably need to inject a CAFD into the Icam

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Ah, yes...

I forgot, you don't have Can 3 at all.

This is out of my knowledge range.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So basically I install the icam module and then coding (I'll figure it out). From the icam module do I need to add wires from the R3 transistor to the BCD?

After that, I need to rewire my headlights connector (the female-male plugs from aliexpress arrived), but apparently my car is already with the new connector, so i'm thinking maybe i'll use them to test the headlights.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Can 3 activation is out of my knowledge, I've only worked on vehicles where it was already active.

Bill is a better person to speak to here:
So basically I install the icam module and then coding (I'll figure it out). From the icam module do I need to add wires from the R3 transistor to the BCD?

After that, I need to rewire my headlights connector (the female-male plugs from aliexpress arrived), but apparently my car is already with the new connector, so i'm thinking maybe i'll use them to test the headlights.
The connectors from AliExpress are identical to those already on the car. The point behind them is to make an adapter cable that crosses the wires needed from there current location to the new location and to make it ready to add in the extra wires. I suppose you could do without them altogether if you wanted, but the reason I suggested, and why I'm also using them, is I feel it makes my life a bit easier.

181 - 188 of 188 Posts