Mini Cooper Forum banner

161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
@ndal2 has the 5a2 installed (non matrix) i think he even tried to use the manual levelers and it didnt work. Hopefully it can be coded. If manual leveling works on the leds screw the autolevel

·
Premium Member
2016 F54 BMW Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
280 Posts
So I'll install it as it is, with the manual leveling. if it works, I'll be happy. if not, I'll try to buy all the sensors
Seems to be a good way forwards

·
Registered
257 Posts
Could you give me an extract of this website content,please?
Create an account. But they are talking about resistors missing but also stuff missing on the other side. There is no picture shared about the other side unfortunately...best is to put them next to each other one with can3 one without

·
Registered
17 Posts
Someone could share their BDC_BODY module reference with k-can3 equipment equipped, please? Just to be sure of the reference I need to install and code in my car, please.
Let me know.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Not sure this is any help, I can't get a better angle without taking more of the car apart...

20201105_215730.jpg 20201105_215811.jpg 20201105_215857.jpg 20201105_221336.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, exact, not really visible.
Maybe next time if you have the opportunity to move a little bit from the housing, as I did last time, on my picture.
Thanks 😊

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I'm working 60+ hours a week at the moment, but on my next day off I'll see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I'm not promising anything mind - depends what the wife has planned.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
@eyalco101 @Radj411

I suggest you take a look here: Retrofitting OEM backup camera coding issues

BMW are known (on BMW badged vehicles) to manufacture the BDCs specific to the chassis order with only the components needed for the chosen options, however replacement BDCs are "fully capable". In an F56 the BDC contains the key stuff, so is challenging to replace.

If anyone is looking to retrofit KCAN3 for LED lights, I would be happy to give them some suggestions.
I will write up the "bench coder" and get it posted for reference. This would be needed to code any retrofit ECU to a car without the expected CAN bus as the ZGW (part of BDC) will not route the required diagnostic messages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi @CmdrBond can u know from the label of the headlight or some photos which type of Headlight i got? im assuming it´s Cornering as All high end models in Mexico come with that type of headlight and im trying to replace my JCW 2018 headlight with a 2019 JCW, but just want to make sure it´s no KAFAS, havent heard about this function at all for Mexico models

Can anyone @ndal2 @CmdrBond with your own car experiences advice me, i struggle to take out my actual headlights, this new lock nuts are insane for me to take out, i didnt want to fuck out any one to use them on the headlights im trying to replace, is there anything else i need on a wiring perspective? Someone told me i need different connectors as Pre LCI and LCI use different ones.

Lastly, i have no experience/expertise on Esys, or non of the coding softwares, and stuff, can u advice me which coding will i need and where can i find this useful guides you refer in this thread about it? For my Union Jack tail lights i went to someone to do the coding as he had the software and the obd connector (Which i dont have neither)

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Hi @CmdrBond can u know from the label of the headlight or some photos which type of Headlight i got? im assuming it´s Cornering as All high end models in Mexico come with that type of headlight and im trying to replace my JCW 2018 headlight with a 2019 JCW, but just want to make sure it´s no KAFAS, havent heard about this function at all for Mexico models
I would need to see it from the front.

Unfortunately those part numbers do not show up in RealOEM, but I believe it's either the basic 5A2 option, or the cornering 5A4. It's NOT the 552 Matrix option as they're part numbers 8738659 and 8738660
Can anyone @ndal2 @CmdrBond with your own car experiences advice me, i struggle to take out my actual headlights, this new lock nuts are insane for me to take out, i didnt want to fuck out any one to use them on the headlights im trying to replace,
I helped a friend with his, we ended up cutting off the screw heads with a Dremel, he's ordered replacement fixings

is there anything else i need on a wiring perspective? Someone told me i need different connectors as Pre LCI and LCI use different ones.
To my knowledge, pre and post LCI are identical, you only need to rewire of coming from halogen, but the connector is the same (I believe)

Lastly, i have no experience/expertise on Esys, or non of the coding softwares, and stuff, can u advice me which coding will i need and where can i find this useful guides you refer in this thread about it? For my Union Jack tail lights i went to someone to do the coding as he had the software and the obd connector (Which i dont have neither)
For coding and programming, there's good info here: BMW Coding and Programming

You will need, IMO, an enet cable and Esys.

Bimmercode cannot inject CAFD or change the VO.

Check through the links in my signature, one of them had a coding guide. I think it's in the towbar, rear PDC and reversing camera link.

I'm not competent with ISTA to comment on that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would need to see it from the front.

Unfortunately those part numbers do not show up in RealOEM, but I believe it's either the basic 5A2 option, or the cornering 5A4. It's NOT the 552 Matrix option as they're part numbers 8738659 and 8738660

I helped a friend with his, we ended up cutting off the screw heads with a Dremel, he's ordered replacement fixings

To my knowledge, pre and post LCI are identical, you only need to rewire of coming from halogen, but the connector is the same (I believe)

For coding and programming, there's good info here: BMW Coding and Programming

You will need, IMO, an enet cable and Esys.

Bimmercode cannot inject CAFD or change the VO.

Check through the links in my signature, one of them had a coding guide. I think it's in the towbar, rear PDC and reversing camera link.

I'm not competent with ISTA to comment on that.
Thanks for the quick reply

Posting the front photo of the ones i want to install

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Looks like the basic 5A2 to me. If you had the cornering, you'd have extra shiny stuff...
20201117_065104.jpg 20201117_065020.jpg

161 - 180 of 188 Posts