Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I am thinking about changing my car from a MCS 2017 to the newer facelifted model however I have read a lot of conflicting information across all sources.
Has anyone made the transition and are they happy/unhappy about the change?
Thinks I'm worried about:
Mode selector button, the car he has offered me has no mode selector button and, in typical salesman fashion, said it doesn't really make a difference. On my current car it makes quite a big difference to throttle response, steering weight and poppy/bangyness. Also with it I know you get the ASD as well.
Lack of pops and bangs. I test drove overnight MCS LCI (Non-mode selector) model and couldn't really make it pop and bang at all. Not essential but it does add to the character of the car when going for a B road explore.
I would like the sports suspension – is this a mistake as again I have heard it’s unpleasantly stiff? I like a firm, responsive ride which is why I wanted to spec this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi there.

I think you have answered some of your questions yourself :) I have a 2017 like yourself, and had an LCI F57 MCS for a weekends test drive. Yes, the LCI doesn,t pop/bang as much but the fake engine sound is nicer. The LCI seemed a tad more soundproofed. Driving Modes is essential, though I find myself driving around in Normal most of the time. I find the power delivery a bit on/off in Sports mode. Think that from a resale point,most would expect the car to have it. I have the Sports suspension option on my F55 S and find it Okay ride wise, though I have Non runflats and 17,s. It corners a bit flatter and won,t get out of shape so quickly. I wouldn,t want it on 18,s and runflats though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, I also have a 2017 MCS. Mine has the sport suspension, it does help to boost the mini feeling/handling, and it is not uncomfortably stiff (I read somewhere that the adaptive suspension offers -10, 0, and +10 in terms of stiffness, whereas the sport suspension is always +30). Where I live some roads are kinda bumpy and full of patches, and the sport suspension hasn't been a pain.

About the mini driving modes, that would be a deal breaker for me! No pops, louder BOV, and heavier steering in sport mode would definitely ruin part of the fun. Green mode is fun too for certain city areas, although underrated.

The only thing I like about the LCI is the full LED ring around the headlamps. The DCT might be interesting too... quicker shifts! Union Jack in the taillights looks nice, but when braking only a small portion illuminates and with dots (I don't like the dots, looks dated to me, like early LED taillights). And the new mini logo might be unpractical (imagine all the dirt or wax it might get between the wings). That's what I've noticed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the inputs. It makes me feel less bad about being so hung up on the mode buttons.

My dealer called me last week saying they have some loyalty money to play with so off I went at the weekend.
I now have on order
F56S Sport LCI starlight blue blue with black mirrors roof and stripes
Nav pack
Comfort pack
Sports suspension
All important driving modes.
Delivery is March/April and already I feel like I’m harassing my dealer...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the inputs. It makes me feel less bad about being so hung up on the mode buttons.

My dealer called me last week saying they have some loyalty money to play with so off I went at the weekend.
I now have on order
Nav pack
Comfort pack
Sports suspension
Do you have an order number / chassis id? I have access to IVS (I work for BMW / Mini) & can save you the hassle of bugging the dealer

·
Registered
44 Posts

I now have on order
Nav pack
Comfort pack
Sports suspension
Nice specs and color!! (y)

Waiting is nooooot easy, but it'll be worth it! Follow up your VIN just to make sure there are no mistakes and no spec is missing.

(Maybe mine was an exception... but the first time it arrived in the wrong color, and after waiting another three months, it arrived without PDC. Of course I took it the second time, since PDC is not really necessary -I only wanted it for the drum sounds lol- and I was way toooo anxious by then! I can't tell you how happy I was to finally have my Mini after the long wait!!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts