Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most impressive with the f56 is how it now truly feels like a luxurious and sporty smallish car. My other cars are a BMW 640D M-Sport (for the long cruises) and a proper race car (for the track). I am finding that the new MINI is at a perfect intersection between the two other cars. It has the luxurious finish akin to the BMW and handling on B-roads closer in feel to the race car. I have the adjustable chassis option on the f56 and it is well worth it.

Now, the achievement of blending luxury and sport with such success is a true feat of design and engineering. Hats off! I cannot think of many other cars that did it so well. With current trends for oversizing (including the MINI) most sport cars (e.g. New 911 and all competitors in this segment) have outgrown their function and the required stiff suspension to keep the added girth in check makes them utterly uncomfortable and near undeivable on all but the smoothest and widest of roads--what is their proportion in the UK? Being 6 foot 4, it is hard for me to find a small car sufficiently spacious and comfortable inside. But the MINI is that small car. I drove it from Scotland to Provence and back this Summer.

I could have bought instead a Porsche 997, which I seriously considered, but it is not sufficiently nimble on small roads and driving fun comes only at license-withdrawing speeds. The f56 S is that good!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.