Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So hi. uhm. Im looking to some minor mods to the car, looking at:
exhaust, brake kits, and access port for the meantime. Anyone know where I can find these things for the car? Im honestly having a hard time looking for shops/stores where I can get these things. Newbie here. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Outmotoring.com
minimania.com
waymotorworks.com

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
So hi. uhm. Im looking to some minor mods to the car, looking at:
exhaust, brake kits, and access port for the meantime. Anyone know where I can find these things for the car? Im honestly having a hard time looking for shops/stores where I can get these things. Newbie here. Thanks!
Where are you located? And, which mini do you have?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I love the JCW PRO exhaust and have it on my car, it is great sound and adds about 8 horsepower to the wheels. This is on the JCW, but if you have the S it may add more as it involves a remap of the ECU that is included. It is expensive, my mini dealer wanted $2500 for it, but I went to an authorized BMW repair center and saved $700. However, if you want just the sound you can opt for the AWE for a lot less although there in no off and if you want to drive for an extended highway trip the drone may be excessive and there is Remus which I think has the option like the JCW. You should get the 8-10 range increase with either of these exhausts as well. Bembro brakes are expensive, but worth the money. The best horsepower increase for the money is a module that will give you about a 30 HP increase. I have the NM module and purchased it online from ECS Tuning as they had the best price. It boosts the output about 30 HP and is cheap for the performance increase. It takes about 20-30 minutes to install it and can be easily removed. I achieved a 40 HP at the wheels with these 2 modifications and the sound of the open exhaust is exhilarating.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just finished tuning my 2015 MCS. Have JCW interior/exterior when I ordered it last year and received it April 2015. I ended up ordering almost everything from Outmotoring. As my wife had/has a 2003 MC and now a 2013 MC Coupe, have ordered from most companies but OM seems to be the best for me. They drop ship a lot from manufactures. What I have done for a little over $2,000 (US) for the last year:
Quicksilver Exhaust (drop ship from Britain via FedEx)
NM Engineering: Power module, cold air intake, front strut brace.

Will post photos when I have 5 posts. Too much fun and always a smile when I get in the car and fire it up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill look into all you guys suggested. But those websites, I assume are US based. Did any of you have to pay any additional fees? like duties, additional taxes, anything that you guys weren't expecting?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Arvin,
The exhaust system did have a customs sticker on it. FedEx charged me by invoice, mail..Outmotoring said they should not have. I emailed a copy to them and the reimbursed my credit card. The shipping guy there, with whom I have spoken to, is pretty good. They will answer questions if you contact them. I do not work for them. I did order a wrong part for my car and they sent me the correct adapter, free. That impressed me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Another Toronto guy here, with a F56S. I've been looking for mods too. As for exhaust, NoiseBoyz does Remus if you want to go that way (far cheaper than the JCWpro exhaust). Then add the Burger or NM tuning chip for some real fun. As for performance parts you might find that ordering from the states and having it dropped off in Niagara Falls NY for you to pick up might just be the route for a good price and availability. Most of the time if you are upfront at the border, with US made products, the charge is HST only.

BTW are you a member of TMC (Toronto MINI Club) or SOMC (Southern Ontario MINI Club)? You could post this question on their forums and see if anyone has some local leads.

Cheers,
Adrian

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Adrian.

Not too familiar with picking things up at the border, ill try and look into that more. And yes I have joined TMC. I will post there and see what people say. If you don't mind me asking, what mods have you done so far?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wish there was more mini parts places around southern Ont
. I bought and had installed my jcw pro kit from St. Catherines mini...fantastic people there.. service dept top notch in my books

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I've been off of the forums for a couple of weeks .... working. Aside from window tinting, I have not yet done any mods on my F56. I am still looking and saving up the cash (d'oh!). I will most likely go with intake. tuning chip and exhaust in that order. After that I should be into brakes and SS lines (just slightly better than stock - no JCW or Brembo) and new rims. Somewhere along the way I am looking at some graphics, but I have to see the new wheels first. Some of the other things I am considering are; body stiffeners, working hood scoop, blackout light rings etc. If you have a look at my garage, you'll see what my car looks like, I haven't changed anything since purchase. My previous R55 had a bunch of goodies on it; rims, blow off valve, tuning chip, intake, upgraded brakes and lines, as well as stripes and tinting. But I have to admit I've been taking it slow with this one.

Just cause I'm curious, has anyone priced out the dealer installed JCW pro kit?

Cheers,
Adrian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts