Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home tonight I saw an F56 (Cooper D) on a transporter full of BMW coming from the direction of Southampton docks. No dealer in that direction so can only assume that this is an import! Didn't know these we're being produced abroad, heard of factories in Europe for MINI's but thought it was just Paceman and Countryman.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Some production of F56 at a plant in Holland now. I had assumed that they would not be making right hand drive cars there.

·
Registered
441 Posts
A quick google suggests its the old Mitsubishi factory...this isn't good news to me - I had a colt that was made there and it was awfully put together - rattles and squeaks aplenty :(

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm pretty sure Southampton is a place they go to after Oxford before being dispatched around the South of the UK?

·
Registered
441 Posts
They are also being built in Holland by Nedcar (contract manufacturer) as of summer 2014 so it could well be an import.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm pretty sure Southampton is a place they go to after Oxford before being dispatched around the South of the UK?
Yes, now you've said it someone who had been on the tour mentioned it... it sounded like Southampton acts as a distribution centre like Thorne.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The reason why is due to the back log Mini needed help to deliver cars to the dealers.
Eddie Stobart are now helping and their compound to load is Southampton.

That's all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts