Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst I'm waiting for my mini to arrive I'm looking around the net for things to buy for it. On my M135i I had a P3 Gauge that showed things like oil/water temp, boost pressure, intake temp etc. Just wondering if there's anything available for the mini that shows these things.

I always found it useful, especially knowing the oil temp so not to press on too much before it was up to temp.

I know there's the hidden menu much like on the BMW but it's such a pain to have to do it before every journey.

Dave

·
Registered
890 Posts
I use a Scangauge mounted on the dash but easily removable if required .

There is an F56 Mini specific one which has more functions than the standard one, although the current ones may be updated to cover all cars. A couple of us on this forum were asked to test and help develop the Mini gauge a couple of years ago.

It gives a very accurate digital display of many of the engines sensor outputs and fuel/distance etc, but only any 4 at one time.

I wouldn't be without one and have used them for years, mainly to monitor coolant and charging voltage, day trip distance and accurate day fuel economy.

Just plugs into the obd2 port.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use a Scangauge mounted on the dash but easily removable if required .

There is an F56 Mini specific one which has more functions than the standard one, although the current ones may be updated to cover all cars. A couple of us on this forum were asked to test and help develop the Mini gauge a couple of years ago.

It gives a very accurate digital display of many of the engines sensor outputs and fuel/distance etc, but only any 4 at one time.

I wouldn't be without one and have used them for years, mainly to monitor coolant and charging voltage, day trip distance and accurate day fuel economy.

Just plugs into the obd2 port.

The scan gauge might be just what i'm after, i'll look into the mini specific one. Thanks for the heads up :)

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Another vote for the ScanGauge II. I took mine out of my R56 when I traded it and sent it back to the company. They upgraded the firmware to the F56 and returned it in a couple of days. All it cost was the postage from me to the company. The F56 version can also read oil pressure. I have mine mounted on a Cravenspeed mount.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Oil pressure, turbo boost and laptimer on the Sports Chrono pack £110 option. No oil temperature though. I'm shallow, I bought them because I thought they looked cool and I like to watch the turbo needle flick about when I gun it :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I emailed the UK official dealer for the scangauge about getting one with F56 firmware and they replied that all scangauges come with the latest firmware and are compatable with the F56.

I'm not sure that means they'll display oil temp, pressure though, i think they mean that it'll work to some degree. I dunno.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I used the Torque Pro app on my Sony Compact Z3 and it looks as if the OBD2 Scanner app does the same on an iPhone. Just add a cheap bluetooth transmitter to the diagnostic port and chose your dials. My F56 is new so I haven't yet looked for the diagnostic port but it has to be somewhere under the dash, fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I emailed the UK official dealer for the scangauge about getting one with F56 firmware and they replied that all scangauges come with the latest firmware and are compatable with the F56.

I'm not sure that means they'll display oil temp, pressure though, i think they mean that it'll work to some degree. I dunno.
I suggest you email these guys and ask your questions. They're the ones that make them.
http://www.scangauge.com/products/scangaugeii/

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I suggest you email these guys and ask your questions. They're the ones that make them.
http://www.scangauge.com/products/scangaugeii/

Have done just that, looks like I might be getting somewhere. ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.