Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things you notice when travelling in someone else's car. Clearly, the other car is not an F56:

• When they stop at traffic lights, you wonder why the engine has not stopped.
  • When they get in the car, and put the key in the ignition, you wonder at the quaintness of it all.
  • When they drive over a pothole or rough bit of tarmac, you wonder why your sunglasses are still on your face.
  • On a calm bit of road, you wonder why they have not engaged Green (otherwise known as Stealth) mode.
  • When they drive in a "spirited" manner, you wonder why the middle of the dashboard has not lit up orange.

Anyone else know of any others?

·
Registered
998 Posts
My OH's car is a 3 yo clubbie cooper D and the difference to my F56 S is night and day; performance, refinement, interior quality. She is insanely jealous and seriously considering her own upgrade

·
Registered
19 Posts
  • you feel a bit nostalgic when you discover it has a CD player
  • you attempt to park but realise you probably are not going to fit
  • you feel a sense of gloom sitting in the cars interior at night... it's just too dark without the disco lights
  • you feel incredibly tiny within this huge cocoon like enclosure
  • you feel quite accomplished that all your friends can fit without doing a bit of a stretch before-hand
  • you literally do not know how fast you are going because it has no digital display
  • you know how to use all its features without referring to a car forum or manual
  • it drives like s***! You realise it's not a mini :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Things you notice when travelling in someone else's car. Clearly, the other car is not an F56:

• When they stop at traffic lights, you wonder why the engine has not stopped.
  • When they get in the car, and put the key in the ignition, you wonder at the quaintness of it all.
  • When they drive over a pothole or rough bit of tarmac, you wonder why your sunglasses are still on your face.
  • On a calm bit of road, you wonder why they have not engaged Green (otherwise known as Stealth) mode.
  • When they drive in a "spirited" manner, you wonder why the middle of the dashboard has not lit up orange.

Anyone else know of any others?
You realise that they have their car and it came with the spec they ordered?

:)

Ian

·
Registered
78 Posts
  • you feel a bit nostalgic when you discover it has a CD player
  • you attempt to park but realise you probably are not going to fit
  • you feel a sense of gloom sitting in the cars interior at night... it's just too dark without the disco lights
  • you feel incredibly tiny within this huge cocoon like enclosure
  • you feel quite accomplished that all your friends can fit without doing a bit of a stretch before-hand
  • you literally do not know how fast you are going because it has no digital display
  • you know how to use all its features without referring to a car forum or manual
  • it drives like s***! You realise it's not a mini :)
All of these! Currently driving a Fiesta whilst my R56 Cooper is having bodywork done (not my fault, gov, honest! It got smacked by a runaway car on our driveway!) prior to being part ex'ed for our F56 MCS and I am missing the digital speedo and it is like driving a sponge! I keep forgetting I simply cannot attack corners and roundabouts with the same ferocity as the Mini.
Oh, and how quaint, it only has 5 gears! And for added fun, reverse is where 6th should be...
Roll on the end of August when I will likely get my R56 back just in time to swap it for the F56 on the 1st September.
The only good thing to have come out of this is that I know I will be super impressed with the F56 as I will be comparing it with the Fiesta and not my much loved R56.

·
Registered
143 Posts
All of these! Currently driving a Fiesta whilst my R56 Cooper is having bodywork done (not my fault, gov, honest! It got smacked by a runaway car on our driveway!) prior to being part ex'ed for our F56 MCS and I am missing the digital speedo and it is like driving a sponge! I keep forgetting I simply cannot attack corners and roundabouts with the same ferocity as the Mini.
Oh, and how quaint, it only has 5 gears! And for added fun, reverse is where 6th should be...
Roll on the end of August when I will likely get my R56 back just in time to swap it for the F56 on the 1st September.
The only good thing to have come out of this is that I know I will be super impressed with the F56 as I will be comparing it with the Fiesta and not my much loved R56.
Was the standard zetec that made me think, this thing wipes the floor with my clio, still comfy but a competent handler. Now if they'd lent you a ST version that's a whole different car... 6 gears, pulls like a train and easily throw it at corners and roundabouts with all the ferocity you wish but if you get scared and lift off be ready for fun oversteer, ok bit biased but on the plus side looking forward to the f56 cooper for a slightly more forgiving ride and a bit of quirkiness :) whenever they send it up to dealer that is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts