Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
you read that right ;)

Just seen it freshly listed in the Quaife catalogue @ Autosport,
Lohen are ordering some in for the shelf
Bumped into them at Autosport on the Quaife stand, small world..

Be a good mod for all these high powered cars coming in 2016 :D

Registered
I鈥檓 close to pulling the trigger on a Quaife LSD, supplied and fitted by Lohen, but wondered if anyone had any comments.

I鈥檓 mainly wondering if I鈥檒l actually see much benefit on the road (I have no intention of ever taking my car on track) or if it鈥檚 a waste of 拢1300.

I鈥檝e done as much googling as I can but there doesn鈥檛 seem to be a whole lot of posts relating specifically to the MINI.

Any and all input appreciated. :)

Registered
拢1300 installed vs 拢2000 installed. I won鈥檛 be tracking, so I鈥檓 unlikely to see the main benefit of the wavetrac over the Quaife. :)

Registered
This is my plan too and especially now my cars tuned...it needs an LSD, can鈥檛 wait to hear your feedback.
I鈥檓 booked into Lohen next Thursday for an LSD and power flex lower engine mount.

I鈥檒l let you know what I think next week......assuming storm Ciara allows me to make the trip. :)

Registered
Excellent, well jealous was only one n the phone to Lohen yesterday about the clutch and LSD package 馃憤 what clutch are you running? Can鈥檛 wait to hear your feedback, enjoy!

Registered
Just a standard clutch. No remaps in my future. :)

They did suggest possibly changing the clutch whilst they鈥檙e in there but agreed that it probably didn鈥檛 need one when I told them it only had 28k on it. :)

Registered
I鈥檓 booked into Lohen next Thursday for an LSD and power flex lower engine mount.

I鈥檒l let you know what I think next week......assuming storm Ciara allows me to make the trip. :)
Still the best upgrade I have had for my mini by far.. the car corners like it鈥檚 on rails - enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
@Mike-lem
Out of interest, do you leave the traction control on full with the LSD?

I find my car holding back power in first gear at the moment......I guess it鈥檚 just preemptively dialling back the power before it spins the wheels as there鈥檚 no traction light flashing. Short pressing the traction control switch seems to allow full power with a little wheel spin so I鈥檓 just wondering whether I can knock the traction control down a notch once the LSD is fitted or if it鈥檚 still best to leave it on full.

Registered
I think back before I had mine re-mapped, once the LSD was fitted and with summer tyres (Michelin pilot cup 2) I still had some wheel spin in first, I rarely drove with the traction control on though in the summer.

Main areas of improvement were cornering which is incredible and accelerating on uneven roads.. where previously the software would try to kill you by veering from side to side under heavy acceleration the LSD keeps everything straight as a die

I now struggle to stop the wheels spinning in 3rd - 1st world problems though I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Thanks Mike...that鈥檚 all good information. I鈥檒l have a play with the traction control when I get it fitted. :)

Not specifically LSD related......do/did you ever get times when the car cuts power before the wheels even start to spin and it basically just feels like the engine is holding back?

Struggling to keep from lighting the tyres up in 3rd......sounds like a fun car to drive. :)

Registered
I did / do still get that... and am convinced it is an induction thing.. i鈥檝e had all of my intake pipes and charge pipes replaced with the forge aluminum ones which stopped it happening however now it has started again.. I suspect this time however my air filter is filthy so will withhold judgement until it has been cleaned.

I did discover some clips were loose on my intake when the pipes were replaced which would t have helped.. may be worth investigating your induction perhaps but its just a guess really..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Thanks for the suggestions. :)

It only seems to do it in 1st and 2nd, and only on surfaces with poor traction. It pulls like a freight train otherwise. Switching the traction control off seems to bring the power back at the expense of wheel spin so I鈥檓 guessing it鈥檚 just the electronics doing their job and dialling back on the power to avoid wheel spin. I鈥檒l ask at Lohen though whilst I鈥檓 in and see what they think.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts