Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Got back from Lohen around an hour ago. Only had chance to do 5 miles or so back to the Travelodge but I all I can say is that it feels like some sort of witchcraft. The diff obviously can’t break the rules of physics, but I’ll be darned if it doesn’t seem to bend them. The roads here are wet and covered in mud yet there was barely any sign of understeer......and when there was...I just added a little more throttle and it pulled the nose in around the bend.

The engine mount is also really good. It’s removed all of the awful rocking you can get from the engine, and it seems to have smoothed the gear changes out. I’ve picked up a little vibration at idle, but nothing I can’t live with......maybe I’ll stop disabling the start/stop function. :)

I’ll post a bit more when I get it home and drive some of my regular routes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got back from Lohen around an hour ago. Only had chance to do 5 miles or so back to the Travelodge but I all I can say is that it feels like some sort of witchcraft. The diff obviously can’t break the rules of physics, but I’ll be darned if it doesn’t seem to bend them. The roads here are wet and covered in mud yet there was barely any sign of understeer......and when there was...I just added a little more throttle and it pulled the nose in around the bend.

The engine mount is also really good. It’s removed all of the awful rocking you can get from the engine, and it seems to have smoothed the gear changes out. I’ve picked up a little vibration at idle, but nothing I can’t live with......maybe I’ll stop disabling the start/stop function. :)

I’ll post a bit more when I get it home and drive some of my regular routes.
Amazing the difference isn’t it! How did you ever cope before

It’s such a shame an LSD isn’t standard on JCW models at least... or at least an option on S or JCW..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
It’s an amazing piece of kit.

I’ve already managed to overwhelm it enough to bring the traction control in but I was purposely provoking it to see how it coped. I set off from a roundabout that goes straight into a 90 degree corner. I floored it round in 2nd. I felt a tiny bit of understeer which corrected itself with more throttle. As I gave it some more, the traction control was flashing but didn’t seem to cut power anywhere near as aggressively as it did pre-diff, and the car just went round the corner with zero drama.

Also had a little go around a few small roundabouts near me where the car always understeers...but today......it just went where I pointed the wheels.

All in all...a great upgrade! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
It’s an amazing piece of kit.

I’ve already managed to overwhelm it enough to bring the traction control in but I was purposely provoking it to see how it coped. I set off from a roundabout that goes straight into a 90 degree corner. I floored it round in 2nd. I felt a tiny bit of understeer which corrected itself with more throttle. As I gave it some more, the traction control was flashing but didn’t seem to cut power anywhere near as aggressively as it did pre-diff, and the car just went round the corner with zero drama.

Also had a little go around a few small roundabouts near me where the car always understeers...but today......it just went where I pointed the wheels.

All in all...a great upgrade! :)
Sound fab mate, I’m booked into Lohen tomorrow for clutch & diff package - can’t wait as original clutch on last legs 👍

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’m not gonna lie at the tender age of 46 I’m like a kid on Crimbo eve! My MCS replaced a v v dull M140i which also needed a slippy diff, I find the Mini so much more fun everywhere except when going sideways 😜

·
Registered
37 Posts
So 250 miles since LSD & clutch fitted by Lohen (what an awesome bunch of people 👍) and the diff is just wow - huge difference. Clutch pedal a lot lighter than stock which is a nice surprise, judder from rest is reducing and I’m learning to minimise it though I do hope it fully disappears soon.

Overall highly recommended.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts