Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If your Mini F56 has scratches in the paint caused by the doorrubber than BMW has a PuMA (Produkt und Massnahmenmanagment Aftersales) solution

De old doorrubbers are stiff and hard.
The new one are soft.

At 21 October 2015 all dealers were given a message: foil en new doorrubber

PuMA: 61343182 (-02)
Number doorrubber: left 51337458245 / right 51337458246

View attachment 31145

View attachment 31153

View attachment 31161

View attachment 31169

·
Registered
17 Posts
My mini was dealer for a few weeks and got all seals replaced and b pillars repainted and a clear tape over the painted part. I have midnight black paint and it looks great once it was made good. Took a few months for seals to come from Germany and even got a loan of a brand new paceman to run about till mine was fixed
So well pleased with mini and the dealer in Dundee

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've been waiting for my seals since I reported initial damage in January. In all fairness, John Clark have put seals on one of their own cars and want to be absolutely satisfied with them before fitting to customers cars. The first re-design had apparently not been soft enough and still scratched.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Me too, I reported it to my dear about April, it was the first they had heard of it and almost didn't believe me. I ended up walking the lot with the general manager and service advisor looking at all the cars, nearly all hardtops had it. They buffed it out and I installed 3m film and it's been fine. I might ring them and give them the PuMa and see what they say.

Reactions: donnaj1dlh

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had the initial redesigned ones fitted a few months ago and fitted clear film myself as a precaution. Ill see if they will refit the new ones at service in a couple of months

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Important: MINI does nothing! :eek:

The customer must complain by his/her Dealer

Even I'am sending a E-mail to Muenchen/Munich, bevor they help us.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Desert Rat,

Your dealer should be aware of

Because, the answer von Munich / 3 june 2015:

Seien Sie versichert, dass die BMW AG all ihre Produkte nach modernsten Standards im Sinne höchster Qualität, Langlebigkeit und Fahrfreude konstruiert und fertigt. Leider kann trotzdem nicht ausgeschlossen werden, dass das Auftreten vereinzelter Fehler möglich ist.
Wir nehmen die Beanstandungen unserer Kunden sehr ernst und ziehen daraus geeignete Maßnahmen. Über diese werden unsere Vertriebs- und Werkstattpartner natürlich umgehend in Kenntnis gesetzt.

BMW Group
xxxxxxx.Eng.
Produktmanagement Automobile und Aftersales
BP-44
Technical Campaings and Special Processes International
Warranty, Goodwill and Technique International
Lilienthalallee 32
80939 München

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi - I am supposed to pick up my car very very shortly and would like to make sure this problem has been resolved on my car. BUT I do not quite understand what this is all about and where about on the car. Can anyone please elaborate?

Cheers

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'am thinking its only the F56 (3 doors).
also not the F55

Look at the pictures, these area's

·
Registered
281 Posts
My February 2016 build which is 8 days old, has the infamous rub marks already on the door jam :(
Reported it to my dealer and I'm going to fit some 3M clear film myself before it gets any worse.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes it's a bit disappointing as I thought this problem was fixed at this stage. The dealer will fit some clear film/vinyl over the area as a 'temporary fix' apparently.
It just invisibly covers over the problem area to protect it from any damage.

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Plenty .make a paper template first.buy a bit more if you operate via trial and error

Reactions: daydotz

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
You really need very little about 100mm long to cover the curved area maybe a little more.

Reactions: MiniMpi
1 - 20 of 44 Posts