Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my JCW has done 2000 miles in 4 weeks, I'd say she is run in, thing is im itching for some more power....... the engine has so much more to give.

Options I have:

remap - £495, same price from two tuners in the Uk, both need the car for a day
and say figures should be around 265-275bhp, this will be an ecu out job

JB4 - apparently this is in beta testing but will also offer similar power gains by tricking the ecu, can be removed for servicing etc.

Racechip ultimate TB - £390 delivered, again a plug and play box, this claims 288bhp.... not sure i believe this.

question is has anyone tuned their F56 (either s or jcw) and what is the feedback? are the maps smooth and is the car running well in general?

Help me decided!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hi Jimbo good to see you on the site, Davo56 has just got his Race chip box back from reprograming as had one on his F56 cooper S and has know got a JCW but awaits putting some miles on it before he slots it in.
Im sure he will be along shortly to confirm and give his opinion on the box on the S

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
need some real world feedback on any of the options, at the moment I'm leaning towards the ecu tune as I want before and after dyno and a more permanent solution with more adjusted than just the boost.

·
Registered
457 Posts
need some real world feedback on any of the options, at the moment I'm leaning towards the ecu tune as I want before and after dyno and a more permanent solution with more adjusted than just the boost.
Just posted in the other thread. The problem is that the JCW is so new nobody has tuned it yet here,still can't believe there are no replies from all the MCS owners out there! At my rate it will take months to get up to your 2000 miles!!
Remember that fuelling etc is also adjusted with the box through the ECU when it receives false boost readings. I only had it on the S for 3 months but I did notice a big difference but only through the seat of the pants feel!!!
I would still emphasise the danger of a permanent ECU tune on a new car under warranty though IMO.
You will just have to be the guinea pig now:laugh:

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi guys ... after I read your post i register immediately ... haha

I'm looking forward to get feedback from Davo56 regarding the racechip. maybe you can plug for one ride and remove to reach the mileage haha

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have another option with the TMC tuning box, anyone had any experience of these? The guys on the M135 forum are saying good things
TMC box has always been a popular option with the Abarth 500 with good results I believe.....but I think it was dearer so I ended up going for Racechip TB which was the base version,,,,the Ultimate version though has a much faster processor. I suppose its down to choice and luck in the end.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking to order one tonight so need to make a decision, is the processor speed really a factor? TMC are claiming 277bhp and racechip claim 288bhp. there is literally no price difference. TMC is UK and racechip is germany

TMC box has always been a popular option with the Abarth 500 with good results I believe.....but I think it was dearer so I ended up going for Racechip TB which was the base version,,,,the Ultimate version though has a much faster processor. I suppose its down to choice and luck in the end.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm looking to order one tonight so need to make a decision, is the processor speed really a factor? TMC are claiming 277bhp and racechip claim 288bhp. there is literally no price difference. TMC is UK and racechip is germany
Was comparing the Racechip TB & Ultimate processor speeds....don't know how it compares to TMC box. Processor ultimately controls signal speed to & from ECU so I would think the faster the better.
All I can say Jimbo is go for the TMC and we will have 2 guinea pigs:laugh:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Not that I would.. I'm fine with the standard at the mo, there's no reason why 300hp plus shouldn't be easily achievable. After all, my last 2.0l engine had a twin scroll turbo too and that safely produced 354bhp with 363lb/ft of torque. (Mind you, on the track I got 4.1mpg!!!)

I'd also quite like to see a new "standard" JCW on the dyno. Our R56 was standard and supposed 211bhp. Dyno'd at 226bhp on 98RON.

I should get the S8 done (Audi have a reputation for under-claiming too) so maybe I'll try to persuade Mrs H to bring Hurbert along....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Its Jimbo (only the wife calls me jumbo ha ha )

Its Thunder grey with a red roof :)
ops sorry Jimbo ... was posting from iphone and i mis-type :)

i got a black with red roof, and was not able to see the color of yours in the avatar :)

keep me posted on the ECU tuning ... I really would like to know the result and about torque steering

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just pulled the trigger on the TMC box link:
http://www.tmcmotorsport.com/TuningBoxDetailsNew.aspx?SID=10110377
main reason was good communication from Daron at TMC and also the figures quoted are not the maximum setting, these are the recommended ones for the UK. Racechip quote maximum output which is not whats recommended.

ops sorry Jimbo ... was posting from iphone and i mis-type :)

i got a black with red roof, and was not able to see the color of yours in the avatar :)

keep me posted on the ECU tuning ... I really would like to know the result and about torque steering

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wanted to chime in on this discussion. I have a 2015 F56 S with a piggy bag from Neuspeed right now. Will TMC motor sports work this this as well? Ive been looking to gain more power but there are not a lot of companies out there that can get the numbers out higher then Neusped. Any insight?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.