Here it is! All in working order. Dare I say it's rather simple in the end, with three changes needed total (per side). One being wiring, the other two being expert mode on BimmerCode:
1) Swap pin/wire 1 and 5 on your tail light harness
- Same as shown by @aottley on the first page.
- For me this was swapping a blk/ylw strp wire from position 1 to 5 on both sides, but the wire color originally on 5 was different per side.
- This will in itself make the horizontal amber section work for your turn signal/flasher. The catch is that it will also pulse as your brake light, and then go to nothing (not good).
2) Body Domain Controller -> 3064 LceLampMapping3 -> MAPPING_BREMSL_1_L_OUTPUT -> OFF
- Needs done on both sides, use MAPPING_BREMSL_1_R_OUTPUT for right side
- This will stop the same signal being sent for turn/flasher and brake light, so now when you step on the brake you'll get no amber/horizontal pulse, but also nothing all together
3) Body Domain Controller -> 3065 LceLampMapping4 -> MAPPING_BREMSL_2_L_OUTPUT -> FRA_H_L
- Needs done on both sides, use MAPPING_BREMSL_2_R_OUTPUT for right side
- This will send your brake signal separately to the inner vertical bar section
- When my tail lights are not on it actually turns on the vertical bar along with the UJ flag, but this is how my brake lights were with these lights before the these changes
*DISCLAIMER 1: These are the changes that worked for my car, there does seem to be variance with how others' cars act with coding so do so at your own risk. Also report back on if this worked for you!
*DISCLAIMER 2: Step 3 may look familiar to some of you. That's because it's the same mapping used to activate your rear fog lights as brake lights. What this means that is with this method you won't be able to do that. It's one or the other, can't have both.
* DISCLAIMER 3: There is probably a cleaner way to code this and maybe still allow you to have rear fog light brake lights as well. I played around with a lot of different combinations (enough to where it was hard to keep track of) and had no luck. If you find a method let us know!
I went through all combinations of flashers, brakes, tail lights, lock/unlock, and even reverse lights and everything works as it should. Once again when I swapped to these aftermarket lights my flasher and brake light were always the UJ and vertical bar. To be honest I like that as it is a larger section of light and grabs more attention. Hope everyone has the same results I did!
Big thanks to @aottley
(as well as many others along the way) for helping push this along and chipping away at it!
I'll try to get a video up tomorrow showing how it all looks.