Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have searched the forum, Googled AND tried the manual - can't find it! Does anyone know how much goes in from empty?
Cheers:)

·
Registered
998 Posts
No cos after six months ive got nowhere near emptying it yet! I gave in and topped it up the other day but thats the first time from new and it barely took half a litre to fill it back up.

Im amazed how well the aerodynamics around the back end of the car have reduced the amount of crap that used to get sucked onto the back of the car, plus the jets are now spray heads so hardly any gets used

·
Registered
56 Posts
No cos after six months ive got nowhere near emptying it yet! I gave in and topped it up the other day but thats the first time from new and it barely took half a litre to fill it back up.

Im amazed how well the aerodynamics around the back end of the car have reduced the amount of crap that used to get sucked onto the back of the car, plus the jets are now spray heads so hardly any gets used

Don't they salt the roads where you live? When it's around 0c I use at least 2L a week getting to work

·
Registered
17 Posts

I agree! I bought my car in mid July and it was only 6000 miles and over five months later that the warning light came on. Also the back of the car stays much clearer of crud than the earlier MINIs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have only used less than 1 Litre in 6 months/12000 miles. In the manual the only ref I found was to have a minimum of 1 Litre in the tank. I have found no mention of a warning light for low washer fluid level.
Pat

·
Registered
966 Posts
I agree! I bought my car in mid July and it was only 6000 miles and over five months later that the warning light came on. Also the back of the car stays much clearer of crud than the earlier MINIs.
Really? The earlier ones must be pretty bad then, as I find the back of the car gets pretty manky, I often have a dirty bum :( but I'm not using the back washer that often as I don't like the mess if makes of the bootlid etc.

I ran for about 5 months before the warning light came on, then when I found the bottle I was well impressed by how easy it is to fill, the access is much better than most cars I've owned.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Really? The earlier ones must be pretty bad then, as I find the back of the car gets pretty manky, I often have a dirty bum :( but I'm not using the back washer that often as I don't like the mess if makes of the bootlid etc.

I ran for about 5 months before the warning light came on, then when I found the bottle I was well impressed by how easy it is to fill, the access is much better than most cars I've owned.
Yes, the earlier ones were very bad at getting a cruddy backside.

My rear washer stop working yesterday, it sounded like the pump was running. The fronts were fine, I refilled the system and rear as started working again, I find this very strange as it only took just over a litre to top it back up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.