Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone else playing the 'what will I give myself for Christmas' game, the F57 Convertible is now available in the Mini UK configurator - it's been on the German one for some time, but with some differences, such as packs.

Interestingly, the UK F57 has rear PDC, reversing camera and Visual Boost as standard on all models (well, only Cooper upwards are available so far), though at £3,000 over the hatch, Mini may not be giving them away 'for free'. Hatch drivers may laugh but reversing a R57 with the hood down was a guessing game at best.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I noticed this, was messing around with it the other day... It seems no matter which model you select as your first option it is automatically loaded with Media XL and I was a tad confused but then realised there must have been a bug with the configurator. It only seems fit to give the more recently released models Visual Boost as a standard fit item as that's what they've done with the Clubman... So I'd expect in either the next model year or facelift F56 to have VB as standard equipment.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There has been a bug in the configurator for months where if you add LED headlamps, it deletes a Chili pack. I guess there are so many possible specification permutations that Mini can't test them all - though you think they might at least test 'what happens if we tick everything' as I'm sure that's their ideal customer. But it's not me, oh no - I'm ticking no more than half, honest......

·
Registered
998 Posts
For anyone else playing the 'what will I give myself for Christmas' game, the F57 Convertible is now available in the Mini UK configurator - it's been on the German one for some time, but with some differences, such as packs.

Interestingly, the UK F57 has rear PDC, reversing camera and Visual Boost as standard on all models (well, only Cooper upwards are available so far), though at £3,000 over the hatch, Mini may not be giving them away 'for free'. Hatch drivers may laugh but reversing a R57 with the hood down was a guessing game at best.
That matches the F55 clubman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.