Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm at abit of help please. Ive got a 2019 MCS which has a gpf/Res delete. It was way too loud after this so I've purchased a new but cheap standard JCW exhaust off fleabay and went to have it fitted today. However the garage have just phone me and said I need a JCW downpipe for it to fit as it must be different in a JCW. From everything I've read there isn't a difference between the 2 cars so I'm really confused what to do. It was supposed to be a pretty cheap mod so I don't really want to buy any other parts of I can help it and I don't recall anyone else needing to do this.
Can anyone shed any light at all?? Any help would be great!! Many thanks
Paul

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know this may not help, but i have a 2016 MCS and i fitted the JCW exhaust no problem. the downpipe is the exact same size

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
I've read from other owners the Cooper S uses a 2.5" system and the JCW uses a 3".
Both exhausts are interchangeable so fit the cat as it is the same fitment on the exhaust side BUT the actual cat is different on both models.
I've not heard of the downpipes being different
The JCW exhaust should fit to the cat on your car unless that was removed/ modified as well, plenty of owners have fitted the JCW system to their 2019> cars with no problems

What exacty do you have under the car - downpipes, straight pipe (in place of GPF and center silencer), back boxes?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read from other owners the Cooper S uses a 2.5" system and the JCW uses a 3".
Both exhausts are interchangeable so fit the cat as it is the same fitment on the exhaust side BUT the actual cat is different on both models.
I've not heard of the downpipes being different
The JCW exhaust should fit to the cat on your car unless that was removed/ modified as well, plenty of owners have fitted the JCW system to their 2019> cars with no problems

What exacty do you have under the car - downpipes, straight pipe (in place of GPF and center silencer), back boxes?
Thanks Robby! So I've collected my car with the standard exhaust on. The connection difference is where the exhaust connects to the cat just after the resonator (if there was a resonator). The JCW is bigger. I've hunted down my GPF/resonator and it's probably half an inch difference as you say. I think they've confused me mentioning the downpipe though. The guy did say they could get someone to fabricate the connection so it goes from the bigger connection on the JCW to the 2.5 on my cat but I'm awaiting a price. I'll go down this route of there is no other option. I hope I've given enough info and thanks for replying 😀

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm at abit of help please. Ive got a 2019 MCS which has a gpf/Res delete. It was way too loud after this so I've purchased a new but cheap standard JCW exhaust off fleabay and went to have it fitted today. However the garage have just phone me and said I need a JCW downpipe for it to fit as it must be different in a JCW. From everything I've read there isn't a difference between the 2 cars so I'm really confused what to do. It was supposed to be a pretty cheap mod so I don't really want to buy any other parts of I can help it and I don't recall anyone else needing to do this.
Can anyone shed any light at all?? Any help would be great!! Many thanks
Paul

Do you have clip to hear the sound without GPF and resonator ? So for the moment you have a straigh pipe ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have clip to hear the sound without GPF and resonator ? So for the moment you have a straigh pipe ?
It's still got the back box but yeah straight through after. Cold starts are pretty embarrassing so I can't wait for it to be sorted!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Damn the sound must be good haha :p It's better to have sound than no sound at all. (stock exhaust with fap is totaly trash)

You have bought the ppf remover from Cobra sport ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn the sound must be good haha :p It's better to have sound than no sound at all. (stock exhaust with fap is totaly trash)

You have bought the ppf remover from Cobra sport ?
Ha ha if it was I between stock and the no Res sound I'd be happy. Yep it's from cobra sport. Great bunch of guys!

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
I've heard the pre LCi cars with the decat downpipe and res delete - they sound like a tractor 🚜 which is why a lot of owners either replace the downpipe or fit a sports cat within weeks - quite a few on the F56 owners FB group have done this

1 - 15 of 15 Posts